FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   How Long Does It Take? [for dines to show on RN sites] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1383596-how-long-does-take-dines-show-rn-sites.html)

diburning Sep 2, 2012 5:27 pm

How Long Does It Take? [for dines to show on RN sites]

I dined at a place on RN on Friday. It's Sunday and I haven't received any sort of email or update on my RN account yet.

How long does it usually take before the acknowledge the dine? I have verified that I used a registered card, and that the place I dined at was offering miles that day.

I just joined RN last month so this was my first dine.

sdsearch Sep 3, 2012 9:45 am

It takes at least 3 or 4 days, and sometimes longer over weekends and/or with certain restaurants.

My midday Friday dine only showed up today (not yesterday when you had posted your question).

Friday to Monday, that's 3 days. I don't recall ever seeing it post faster than that.

(And the email typically takes at least an extra day! I often have long since logged in, seen the dine, and done the review, by the time I get the email asking me to do the review!)

diburning Sep 3, 2012 11:32 am

This is interesting....

It looks like my dine did get acknowledged, but it doesn't show up on my recent dines, and I haven't received any credit or an invitation to review yet. I know it was acknowledged because the number of dines for VIP status dropped from 11 to 10.

patrickATX Sep 3, 2012 5:43 pm

3-10 days, and it can be anywhere in that range. Mine average around 4ish days.

sdsearch Sep 4, 2012 8:47 am

Originally Posted by diburning (Post 19244967)
This is interesting....

It looks like my dine did get acknowledged, but it doesn't show up on my recent dines, and I haven't received any credit or an invitation to review yet. I know it was acknowledged because the number of dines for VIP status dropped from 11 to 10.

Yes, for whatever reason, it seems that as long as you have a counter of the number of dines for achieving (or renewing) VIP status, you see that counter go down typically a day before your dine actually shows up on the list!

Of course, once you've attained VIP status for the year, there is no such counter any more, and thus there's no longer any "one day ahead" clue that your dine is about to post (until it actually does post at the RN site).

diburning Sep 4, 2012 2:19 pm

I went on and was able to review the place I dined at today. After doing so, I went for another dine, and this time, I bought a gift card to get the welcome bonus (It's a local "healthy" burger restaurant, not fast food, but not fine dining, but serves amazing food)

EDIT: It's now Wednesday and I finally got an email to review my first dine at Four Burgers... a day after I reviewed it. It makes me wonder if everything is manual behind the scenes!

diburning Sep 14, 2012 7:42 am

Update:

The miles for my dine on 8/31, 9/4, and the bonus awarded 9/9 were all "paid" on 9/11.

It's 9/14, and it still hasn't shown up on my UA MP account yet as award miles. How long does it take for that the credit? I have confirmed that I have the correct FF# on the account, and that the cards I used were registered on that account.

Open Jaw Sep 14, 2012 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by diburning (Post 19313948)
Update:

The miles for my dine on 8/31, 9/4, and the bonus awarded 9/9 were all "paid" on 9/11.

It's 9/14, and it still hasn't shown up on my UA MP account yet as award miles. How long does it take for that the credit? I have confirmed that I have the correct FF# on the account, and that the cards I used were registered on that account.

I am in the same situation with US. A bonus for a dine says paid but the miles still not have been added to my FF account. I will give it another week because I have many dines still pending. I do not want to make many calls so I will wait a little longer for every dine to post before calling.

JDiver Sep 15, 2012 5:33 pm

That's interesting; when mine said "paid" I usually see them in my airline account.

Please let us know how this works out for you.

diburning Sep 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Still not credited as of today.

I dined at another place today, and had a horrible experience. I can't wait to review this one.

whowong Sep 20, 2012 12:08 pm

I am having the same problem as well. Dined at a place end of Aug and the miles still have not posted.

diburning Sep 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Mine still have not posted. Anyone else having the same issue, but with a different RN program?

I thought it might have been on UA's end since they're plagued with computer problems, but if Open Jaw is having the problem with US as well, then it might be RN having a hiccup.

whowong Sep 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Mine just posted, looks like it took almost a month as I dined near the end of August.

diburning Sep 21, 2012 2:43 pm

+1. Mine just posted as well.

Open Jaw Oct 6, 2012 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 19448841)
That's interesting; when mine said "paid" I usually see them in my airline account.

Please let us know how this works out for you.

Update:

My miles just posted after I had to call RN and USAirways.

I learned that RN sends over all miles to the airlines late Tuesday night. Most miles post in the frequent flyer account the next day (Wednesday). US handles it a little differently. Miles are not deposited in US FF accounts until late Friday night.