Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: MULTIPLE CHOICE: Dining MORE or LESS with Rewards Network?
Dining MORE - more properties where I am
0%
MORE - I'm using multiple RN accounts
0%
MORE for other, unspecified reasons (note below)
3.23%
LESS - because of fewer restaurants where I am
45.16%
LESS - because of lower points per dollar spent
48.39%
LESS - because fewer promos
58.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Are you using RN more or less? Why?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I just reached VIP in my last program. Now I will only dine at RN places if I am with a large group or If I am in the mood for pizza. There's a great pizzeria near my home. I will no longer drive far for miles due to the high gas prices.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
The last post in "please share IDine bonuses" was May 31.
'nuf said.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZeppoX
The last post in "please share IDine bonuses" was May 31.
'nuf said.
YMMV. But for some of us (who were registered with lots of programs but didn't use most of them much recently), some of the programs gave us a bonus that lasts through December 31, 2012, giving essentially 8 miles/$ (if a miles-based program) for the longest bonus duration time in RN history, IIRC.

So as June transitioned to July, I went straight from the 7 UA miles/$ bonus to the 8 DL miles/$ bonus. (I could have done it earlier, as the UA and DL bonuses for me overlapped, but I need UA more than DL so was interested in using the UA bonus as long as it lasted.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 19, 2012 at 1:12 pm
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Haven't even been to the website to search for restaurants in months. 5/$ just not worth it to me, even with a large expense account on the road 120+nights a year. I just gave up on it as no longer worth the trouble. At 10/$ I felt it was, but, until/if it goes back, I don't see me using it anymore.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Less. Their coverage in the Durham area is pretty weak. Also, when I was really into them (2003-2009), they were great because it wasn't easy to find restaurants in new cities I would be in. IDine gave me a description, a map, reviews AND I was getting miles so it was a great deal. Now it's a lot easier to find a restaurant on Google/Yelp/Chowhound etc. and I don't have to rely on them anymore.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:13 pm
SST

No bonuses in months; reduced mileage to 5; stagnant SF restaurant selection---- much less for me.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Are you using RN more or less? Why?

Less for me as well. Some decent local options have dropped out of the program and the same has happened in places I travel to frequently. Add to that the lack of bonuses and I'm not getting as many UA points as in years past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.