Uptick of new Idineries?

Old May 21, 12, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Location: California; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite, Omni
Uptick of new Idineries?

Likely a coincidence, or maybe a gung-ho local rep, but an unprecedented six of my 20 nearest AA-RN restaurants are new and are all really new, and not just retreads back for another round. Only two newbies for the next 20 nearest, so maybe Im getting odd data.

Im holding out trying them hoping for another of those bonuses for eating at a restaurant for the first time, but I guess that I should not hold my breath.
Old May 24, 12, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Wish it was the same around me here in the Triangle but it doesn't seem to be
Old May 25, 12, 7:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Still (In my view) a poor selection in the San Francisco bay area.

My choice for best and wider selection? Honolulu/Waikiki Beach. NYC a close 2nd.
Old May 26, 12, 6:30 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, Hilton, IHG, Radisson
It really depends on the city you're in. Which part of Cali is OP from?

I agree, in the NC Triangle, there's not much. 49 restaurants within 30 miles is what I'm seeing. Even a chain restaurant, oddly (Macaroni Grill Cary and Raleigh).
Mt. Fuji in Durham is on iDine. I wonder if they still have half price sushi Thursday evenings.

I was in Cleveland once, and I remember that seemingly 1/2 or 1/3 of the restaurants were on iDine. Even some really good places that had great food and a lot of patronage. iDine penetration really depends on your geography.

Search this Thread