Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

MPDining: No way to change MP# on "Account Info" screens

Old Mar 2, 12, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

I already understand that the UA will handle the mapping to the new #'s automatically.

However, even if I wanted to change the number online, its not an editable field.

Anyone else notice this?
Old Mar 2, 12, 11:45 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It's too early to change it, you will need to wait for them to update their system.
Old Mar 2, 12, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Thanks. I know that in earlier emails you have addressed this:

...That said, you’ll be safe to change your number with any partners as well (but, only after our transition to a single system takes place).

However, in this case, its not a matter if I should or shouldnt change it after tomorrow (3/3) - its a matter of I cant change it. The MP # is part of the Dining networks key

So for this particualar partner, they will have to initiate the change, since we cannot do it ourselves.
Old Mar 5, 12, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How ironic, the only (AFAIK) airline with which the logon key is your FFP number is the one where it's changing. Every other airline, where the FFP is not changing, they have always used a user-specific user name (rather than the FFP number) as the logon key. I dunno why they did differently in the case of UA, it's not coming back to bite them.

IMHO, they shouldn't change to the new number format, they should just change to user name for logon (like it is at all the other airlines).

I find the username management simple: I simply use the same user name base, appending the airline or hotel program at the end. So, if my base were the same as my FT handle (no, it isn't ), it would be:

sdsearchAA for AA Dining
sdsearchAS for AS Dining
sdsearchDL for DL Dining
sdseardhUA for UA Dining

etc

but right now it has to be:

sdsearchAA for AA Dining
sdsearchAS for AS Dining
sdsearchDL for DL Dining
123456789 for UA Dining
Old Mar 5, 12, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Yup.

Here when you go to update your "account information", your mileage plus# is displayed on the screen, but you cant update it

Like I said, its the only program where I cannot initiate anything. Has to be done on their end.

I imagine they will do it eventually.
Old Mar 11, 12, 12:10 am

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I hope they will do it too. because i havent had anything post since the cutover.
Old Mar 11, 12, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demkr View Post
I hope they will do it too. because i havent had anything post since the cutover.
Yes, but I don't think that's due to just the number, I think that's due to UA's problems. Their system seems currently incapable of adding partner earnings post 3/4. It's happening with a lot of other partners, not just MP Dining. (I dunno if it's only the ones who use the old UA number or not.)
Old May 21, 12, 8:07 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
When you log in with your old mileage plus number and password you will see your new Mileage Plus number as the account.

They made the transition for you.

They have also changed the wording to login ID (which you still can not change) and display the new mileage plus number as your frequent flyer number.
Old May 21, 12, 10:35 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by cordelli View Post
When you log in with your old mileage plus number and password you will see your new Mileage Plus number as the account.

They made the transition for you.

They have also changed the wording to login ID (which you still can not change) and display the new mileage plus number as your frequent flyer number.
Nice catch! Just noticed this as I logged in tonight.

Search this Thread