Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

Android App for AA Dining (and others)

Android App for AA Dining (and others)

Old Mar 18, 12, 8:12 am
  #31  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 24,948
(I don't have Android at this point so that's why this question instead of just trying it.)

Does your app allow you to login? (What about the official RN app?)

In some (not all) geographic areas, you may see more restaurants when you're looged in than when you're not logged in, because some restaurants in some areas are only available to "elite" members of RN. But it won't display the bigger list of "elite" member restaurants unless you're "elite" and you're loggeed in.
sdsearch is offline  
Old Mar 18, 12, 8:15 am
  #32  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 24,948
Originally Posted by Droch View Post
What are others getting for points once they become elite
I get 9 points per dollar
In most programs there are multiple elite levels. Different programs' points are valued differently so different programs earn different amounts.

There is whole forum on all these (Rewares Network-administred) dining programs:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...s-network-400/

That's the rgith place to learn / ask about how the various dining programs work.
sdsearch is offline  
Old Mar 19, 12, 7:24 pm
  #33  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
(I don't have Android at this point so that's why this question instead of just trying it.)

Does your app allow you to login? (What about the official RN app?)

In some (not all) geographic areas, you may see more restaurants when you're looged in than when you're not logged in, because some restaurants in some areas are only available to "elite" members of RN. But it won't display the bigger list of "elite" member restaurants unless you're "elite" and you're loggeed in.
I'm not doing the login... I suppose I can do it, I'll have to try that! thanks for bringing that up!
ZeoS is offline  
Old May 17, 12, 8:48 am
  #34  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
In most programs there are multiple elite levels. Different programs' points are valued differently so different programs earn different amounts.

There is whole forum on all these (Rewares Network-administred) dining programs:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...s-network-400/

That's the rgith place to learn / ask about how the various dining programs work.
thanks!
ZeoS is offline  
Old May 20, 12, 3:50 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
thanks a lot for this, gonna install it shortly and check it out
ayodeji13 is offline  
Old Aug 20, 12, 3:07 pm
  #36  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17
As many users requested it, now you can do manual searches by addres and/or zip code
ZeoS is offline  
Old Aug 20, 12, 3:33 pm
  #37  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 41,001
Moderator action

Thread transferred from MilesBuzz! to the iDine/Rewards Network forum.
mia is offline  
Old Oct 22, 13, 10:07 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 20
Nice little app. Integration with Waze doesn't seem to work well, sometimes nothing happens sometimes it shows me the place on the map but there doesn't seem to be a way to choose to navigate to it. Not sure if it's a problem with Waze or a problem with the way you send the map data to the app.

Integration with Google Maps works perfectly though, so it's no biggie for me to just use that.
fiver is offline  
Old Oct 30, 13, 2:05 pm
  #39  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 24,948
Yesterday I got an email from Delta that says you can now access SkyMiles Dining from your Fly Delta app (for both Android and Apple). It says:
From the Fly Delta app's welcome page, select the "Traveling with Delta" option.

Choose "Delta Partners" from the page menu.

[One of the partners listed is SkyMiles Dining.] Select "Learn More" to access the SkyMiles Dining feature.
sdsearch is offline  
Old Aug 21, 18, 3:08 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 17
Is anyone still using this app? Since it was last updated a year ago, I'm wondering if restaurants data is still being pulled correctly.
ftlurker2 is offline  
Old Aug 24, 18, 9:02 pm
  #41  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 24,948
Originally Posted by ftlurker2 View Post
Is anyone still using this app? Since it was last updated a year ago, I'm wondering if restaurants data is still being pulled correctly.
Yes, the Restomiles app is still pulling correctly, as far as I can tell with one try today (ie, restaurants which were added recently show up and restaurants which dropped out recently don't show up). It's leaving out restaurants which don't give miles today, and showing today and the next two days for other restaurants, with the dates they do give miles in green and the dates they don't give miles in red. And I see no way to see which restaurants are 1/month vs unlimited visits. But presumably if you're going back to the same restaurant, you have time in between to check the actual website; presumably if you need the app, you've most likely not been at restaurants on the list in the current month anyway.

Though there appear to be some cities where a given restaurant only is visible to people with RN VIP status, not to people with no RN status. I don't know of any restaurants like that around me, so I can't tell you what it does in that case.
sdsearch is offline  
Old Sep 5, 20, 8:37 pm
  #42  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 24,948
Did they they get rid of it? Did they replace it with something else?

I tried Restomiles (Android) the other day, and it gets zero results no matter what I try.
sdsearch is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: