Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

Restaurants that limit qualifying dines to one/month--still per mileage partner?

Restaurants that limit qualifying dines to one/month--still per mileage partner?

Old Sep 16, 11, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, WN, SPG Gold, Choice Platinum, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Club Carlson Gold

I got an answer through search to this question, but the last answer, by Points Scrounger, is from 2008. This quote from a 2006 answer Points Scrounger gave explains the policy in more detail so I've quoted that instead but the general concept remains the same between those two answers: "A note about one-visit-per-month joints: you get credit for each partner on the first visit per month per partner; if you dine using your Priority Club card on the 1st of the month, and use an airline-linked credit card on the final day, that's perfectly okay. You can also split a tab between two partner cards as well on the same visit, which can be very useful if you are trying to fulfill more than one promotion."

Since I've seen nothing in this forum to contradict this longstanding answer, I'm assuming this policy remains in place--and kicking myself if my assumption is correct for not previously registering for mileage in programs other than AA for those places that I visit frequently but don't award in AA more than once per month simply because I like the restaurant and the miles are a bonus.

It had been long enough since this question was answered, however, that I thought a status update might be helpful.
Old Sep 18, 11, 1:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Near us, there is a restaurant that just changed from unrestricted to one dine per month. I have had no problem dining one time with my AA-tied card, and another time dining with my HHonors-tied card, and getting credit for both.

AA is my predilect program, but this is a nice Japanese restaurant and it is close by - so my "extra" dines go to HHonors.
Old Sep 18, 11, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, WN, SPG Gold, Choice Platinum, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Club Carlson Gold
Thanks. I didn't think this one through and figured one dine per month meant one dine in the RN program across all partners. I'll be in this restaurant within the next couple of days and will report my experience, but as I said, I'd go there without the mileage association; it's just nice to know that all I need to do is change the card I use on my weekly visits so that I can get miles/points across multiple partners.
Old Sep 23, 11, 11:30 am
Original Poster

And to close the loop on this thread, I dined at this restaurant on Monday (my usual habit for this place). But unlike other months, where I've gotten only one credit per month in the AA program, I'll add one credit to the US Dividend Miles dining program as I've already received confirmation that the dine will qualify for those miles. Of course, I used a credit card not registered with my AA account.

I could just buy one large gift certificate each month, spend it over the course of my dines each month at this restaurant, and get all the miles in the AA program, but I'm just as happy spreading my earnings around.

Search this Thread