Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

reservations made thru savored.com, will I receive AA miles?

Old Aug 17, 11, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;

Well, I've made reservations at one of my favorite DC restaurants thru savored.com, which promises 30% off my bill for making the reservation through them.

I can only imagine that my reservation is electonically coded somehow to capture this.

Reservations thru savored.com do not permit the use of further promotions, e.g. coupons, which I understand. But what happens if I pay by my AA-linked CC? or with a gift card previously purchased at the restaurant? Does something get flagged that these contstitute the use of "promotions".?

I'd appreciate reports from the experienced.
Old Aug 28, 11, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
a report

Just a report.

I dines at the above-described restaurant last night. The 30% off was provided discretely and without my inquiring. I had no difficulty using my aadvantage-affiliated card. Now I will wait and see if miles accrue.
Old Aug 29, 11, 10:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We'll keep an eye on this thread, I am sure! I never have failed earning miles with OpenTable, but I have heard Entertainment bookings often fail to go through for the miles. I suspect there is a way the dining establishment can tag the credit card billing record.
Old Aug 30, 11, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfhscott View Post
But what happens if I pay by my AA-linked CC? or with a gift card previously purchased at the restaurant? Does something get flagged that these contstitute the use of "promotions".?
These are two totally separate questions.

Your RN-linked CC will work, but the question is whether you will get the mileage (or whatever) from RN.

The gift card, whether purchased with an RN-linked CC or not, doesn't earn you anything more at the time of use (if it earned you anything, it was at the time you purchased the gift card). So there's nothing promotional about the use that I can see. Still, does savored.com limit you to any particular form of payment? It seems to me that if it allows you to get the 30% off when using cash or CC, it would also allow you to get the 30% off when using a gift card.

Originally Posted by jfhscott View Post
I [dined] at the above-described restaurant last night. The 30% off was provided discretely and without my inquiring.
But you didn't explain when it was provided. On the bill before you turned over your card, or only on the credit card receipt?
Old Aug 31, 11, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA PLAT SPG DL
Double dipping

I am currently using Savored quite a bit, and using a second program, currently I-Dine (for the 15% vs. 5 miles per dollar). I have been receiving the 15% off for I-Dine as well, at restaurants that are in both programs.

I do believe that the T&C for Savored states that it does not apply to other discount programs, and have been told that at the restaurant (i.e. the $35 New York Restaurant week menu is available, but not with the 30% Savored Discount). But I just put down the credit card, and so far, so good. I think it will dissappear when technology catches up.
Old Sep 8, 11, 10:27 am
Original Poster

It worked like a charm

As I discuss above, I used an RN-affiliated (aadvantage miles earning) credit card to pay for a meal which I had reserved on Savored.com, paying $10 for a 30%discount.

At the end of the meal, the server brought me 2 bills - one "pre" 30% discount, which I was not expected to pay (but I suppose they wanted me to know the pre-discount amount for gratuity purposes), the other with the discount.

I had been concerned that my credit card would either be rejected for being RN-affiliated or that the miles would not accrue.

(1) the card was accepted without incident

(2) miles have posted to my account.

Hooray!
Old Sep 8, 11, 11:32 am

Great! I believe that there is a way for a merchant to flag a RewardsNetwork transaction as having another discount and thus not getting miles, but in practice few do it.

Search this Thread