Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Earn up to 7,500 AAdvantage bonus miles (merged)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn up to 7,500 AAdvantage bonus miles (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Against the trend of this thread, I did receive this promo. Normally I reach VIP by February...I've been slower this year and just reached 10 dines this week (about 2,600 miles in my dining account to YTD). So, I am thirsty for some AA miles through dining this year...but is spending about $1,500 in one month and 15 days to earn 7,500 miles worth it?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:22 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
...$1,500 in one month and 15 days to earn 7,500 miles worth it?
Unless my math is really screwy, it’s $500…10 dines at $50 each, yes? If you hit it perfectly the bonus is worth 15 miles per dollar, plus the standard 5 miles per for a possible 20 miles per. As always, it seems like a good idea not to hit the exact number ($50 in this case) but to go just a bit over.

...I snagged my first one today.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:00 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
No AA promo for me.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Jailer
Unless my math is really screwy, it’s $500…10 dines at $50 each, yes? If you hit it perfectly the bonus is worth 15 miles per dollar, plus the standard 5 miles per for a possible 20 miles per. As always, it seems like a good idea not to hit the exact number ($50 in this case) but to go just a bit over.

...I snagged my first one today.
Is it possible that my offer is different? I'm counting 30 "meals" as seen on the graphic in burgers. 30 x $50 = $1,500. Here's what I see on my bonus page:

Choose your own reward with the AAdvantage DiningSM program. The more you dine, the more American Airlines AAdvantage® miles you'll earn–up to 7,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles! Every 2 dines increases the amount you can earn – so check out the bonus chart for your earning potential. How much you earn is up to you!
Here's how to earn up to 7,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles:
1 Register for the Eat More Earn More Bonus*
2 Starting August 15, dine at participating restaurants at least twice by September 30, 2011, spending $50 for each visit and complete your reviews within 30 days of each dine
3 Keep dining to earn up to 7,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles! (See chart for rewards structure)
Old Aug 19, 2011, 3:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Not eligible here either Not that there are many places around me worth spending $50 at.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 3:43 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Blue, we have the same offer, but you are looking at the cumulative numbers. Two dines at $50, which equals $100, will earn you a 500 mile bonus. Then another two will earn you a total of a 1,000 mile bonus. You seem to be counting 2 + 4 and getting six, while you only need four dines to get the 1,000 mile bonus. You need 10 total dines of $50+ to complete the maximum possible dines and earn 7,500 miles, and that's where I get the $500.

Could some math-type step in here and arbitrate?
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:59 am

Blue, we have the same offer, but you are looking at the cumulative numbers. Two dines at $50, which equals $100, will earn you a 500 mile bonus. Then another two will earn you a total of a 1,000 mile bonus. You seem to be counting 2 + 4 and getting six, while you only need four dines to get the 1,000 mile bonus. You need 10 total dines of $50+ to complete the maximum possible dines and earn 7,500 miles, and that's where I get the $500.

Could some math-type step in here and arbitrate?
^ Thanks for the clarification! I can't believe I was reading it so wrong!! Now, does anyone know if buying a $50 gift certificate on my linked CC to a participating restaurant will earn miles? I know I've seen this discussed somewhere before, but I don't recall there being a confirmed answer.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 5:38 pm

Blue, Gift certificates work just fine.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I do use the rewards network a lot, so any offer is welcome, I am not eligible for this one though, so I called them up on Thursday, asked them to sign me up. The agent said that it is an offer open to ALL members, not targeted, but they are having a programming error, soon to be fixed, once it is fixed, everyone can sign up.

I am skeptical, but hopeful.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I do use the rewards network a lot, so any offer is welcome, I am not eligible for this one though, so I called them up on Thursday, asked them to sign me up. The agent said that it is an offer open to ALL members, not targeted, but they are having a programming error, soon to be fixed, once it is fixed, everyone can sign up.

I am skeptical, but hopeful.
I emailed them and it looks like they signed me up.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:43 am

I’m halfway thru this bonus sprint, since I don’t overindulge at five miles per, I have pent up AA dining demand….If RN doesn’t honor the CSR’s commitment the joke will be on me, my gut, my cholesterol, and my wallet.

With the AA million mile thresholds now being based on BISs, I wonder how dedicated I’ll remain to earning AAs on RN after 12/1...I may turn into a poly-slut like many of you.

Called up the CSR:

“There is a technical problem with some of the long time members that isn’t allowing them to register for this promotion. So, I’ve marked your account and just go ahead and meet the terms of the promotion and then at the end we will manually award you the bonus miles.”

No Email confirmation will be sent, so I took the CSR’s name and extension number.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by StevenH123

* This bonus offer is open to all AAdvantage DiningSM members. To qualify for this bonus, you must register for the Eat More Earn More Bonus through the links on this page.
Looks like they changed the T&C. It now says This bonus offer is by invitation only for existing AAdvantage DiningSM Online and/or VIP members who have been specially selected to participate in this bonus
Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I was offered this bonus, signed up for it and did 2 over $50 dines (hard to spend that much around here.)

Waiting for the base miles and bonus points to post.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:20 am

09/24/11 dining bonus- tiered 0 7,500 7,500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.