Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

Can I register one credit card for multiple dining programs?

Can I register one credit card for multiple dining programs?

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 13, 13, 5:08 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
● One can register as many credit and debit cards as allowed to by Rewards Network AAdvantage dining, and earn points (even others' cards seem to do).

● One can not register one card for more than one program; if one does, the card will only work for one program.

● One earns all the miles and points due - e.g. Hilton HHonors Surpass earns 3 points per dollar spent, and an elite diner also earns five AA miles per dollar spent (including taxes and tip).
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 3, 12, 3:01 pm

So just to be sure--- I can sign up multiple credit cards for a single RN dining program (ex. AA) and all of them will give me AA points; in addition, those credit cards will ALSO give me rewards tied to the cards themselves-- HHonors pts, UR pts, cash back, etc.?
Old Oct 6, 12, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
So just to be sure--- I can sign up multiple credit cards for a single RN dining program (ex. AA) and all of them will give me AA points; in addition, those credit cards will ALSO give me rewards tied to the cards themselves-- HHonors pts, UR pts, cash back, etc.?
You mean AA miles, not points. (AA actually has points, but they're something different than miles, and you essentially don't earn AA points except on higher-cost paid flights.)

Anyway, yes, they're totally independent. The RN dining program gives you AA miles (or something else if another RN dining program) itself, and then the credit card earns whatever it earns itself, and they're totally independent of each other.

There used to be a limit of 5 cards per RN program, but no longer. Whether there's any limit now I'm not sure.
Old Oct 6, 12, 12:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yup, you can sign up multiple cards for one program, but you can not sign up one card for multiple programs.

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
Old Mar 4, 13, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by NYmetsfan111 View Post
I am in Manhattan and almost every block has a participating restaurant so finding a restaurant in the program wouldn't be a problem.
My cousin lives in Manhattan and does not believe in credit cards nor care about earning pts/miles. I told him about what I do and he let me put his debit card in my RN account and nicely, I get random miles from him 1-2 times a month!
Old Mar 9, 13, 10:24 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by SuperKirby View Post
My cousin lives in Manhattan and does not believe in credit cards nor care about earning pts/miles. I told him about what I do and he let me put his debit card in my RN account and nicely, I get random miles from him 1-2 times a month!
My mother put her CCs in my RN account as well. I have earned thousands of miles this way.
Old Apr 24, 14, 2:05 pm

i know you cant double dip on multiple airline dining programs, does anyone know about if i can double dip with upromise dining and another airline program?
Old Apr 24, 14, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dljuna View Post
i know you cant double dip on multiple airline dining programs, does anyone know about if i can double dip with upromise dining and another airline program?
No, for exactly the same reason: Because they're all implemented by Rewards Network, and you can only have each card in one Rewards Network program. It doesn't matter if that's an ailrine program, a hotel program, Upromise, or the cashback program. Rewards Network detects that you're trying to register a card that you have in one of their other programs, and it automatically unregisters it from the other program.

The only way you might be able to double dip is if you used a second system that is not at all related to Rewards Network, and yet it happened to work at the same location. For example, some restaurant.com coupons. But even then, it depends on whether the restuarant codes it as a coupon dine or not (if it does, Rewards Network may disqualify it, in which case the double dip wouldn't work); I don't know how common that is in practice because I've never tried it myself.

And welcome to FlyerTalk, dljuna!

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 24, 14 at 9:15 pm

Search this Thread