FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   One $30+ dine not 'enough' for AADining new member bonus? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1221317-one-30-dine-not-enough-aadining-new-member-bonus.html)

marinegeo_MIA May 31, 2011 2:22 pm

One $30+ dine not 'enough' for AADining new member bonus?

Hi folks. Been lurking around the forum for a few weeks, so please forgive me if this question has been answered already.

I joined the AAdvantage Dining Rewards program maybe 3 weeks ago when the 1000 bonus miles for new members popped up on my radar. I registered for the bonus through the appropriate link, made a $30+ dine (actually 2 $30+ dines at the same place) at one of the restaurants on the list, wrote my review, and then received this email today:

"You've already discovered a great place to dine and earn AAdvantage® miles, but you haven't earned your New Member Bonus. Spend $30 or more on a single dine by 06/07/2011 and complete the review within 30 days of your dine to earn your 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles. It's that easy! So find another great place today and keep the AAdvantage® miles coming! Learn More"

I'm thoroughly confused now, especially since I did both of those things already! I looked at the T&C again to see if maybe only certain restaurants were included in the promotion, but this does not appear to be the case. Both dines show in my account as pending and I've written reviews for both.

Can anyone offer any insight here? Thanks in advance!

JDiver May 31, 2011 5:00 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Your best bet in these conditions is to call AAdvantage Dining by Rewards Network and ask these questions; they are usually pretty good about customer service issues like these. Call 1–866–638–6906 (9 a.m. – 10 p.m. ET, M-F); other options below.

Hopefully, you also signed up for the 30 Days of Dining bonus - spend $30 and get 300 bonus miles, no limits through June 16 (meaning, you could spend $20 at one dine, $40 at another and earn 600 miles, as the $30 increments do not have to be made at one location). <link>

This post will be moved to the iDine / Rewards Network Forum, the most appropriate forum for Rewards Network questions.

JDiver, Moderator, American AAdvantage and iDine / Rewards Network fora

"We welcome all questions or comments. Please contact the AAdvantage DiningSM program in any of the following ways:

Email: [email protected]. (Please include your full name in your message. For security purposes, please do not include your credit card information in your email.)

Phone: 1–866–638–6906 (9 a.m. – 10 p.m. ET, M-F)
Mailing Address:

Rewards Network Inc.
300 South Park Road
Hollywood, FL 33021
"

biggreen May 31, 2011 6:54 pm

Several days after my dine (and my review) i got an email inviting me to write a review. Today I got the same email indicating that I could receive 1000 miles if I dine at and review an establishment. I'll post followup when I hear back from Rewards Network, but for now I'm chalking it up to silliness and disorganization on their part.

marinegeo_MIA May 31, 2011 11:17 pm

Okay, thanks folks....glad I'm not the only one who got this bizarre message! Let me know what you find out (I may also ring them up myself if I have a moment tomorrow).

And yes, I did also sign up for the '300 miles for every $30' promo!

biggreen Jun 1, 2011 7:49 am

I haven't heard back from RN but the issue is now moot. The new member bonus posted in my AA account today (DINING BONUS- 1000 MILES) along with standard points for dines from 5/20 and 5/23. The separate 300/$30 bonus has not posted yet.

4now Jun 1, 2011 6:31 pm

I've had these problems in the past with RN. When you log in, under messages @ your account center; there should be a confirmation for each bonus that you have registered for. Do remember to complete a review for each dine.;)

JDiver Jun 4, 2011 3:07 pm

That's good news.

The 30/300 post in batches, and they post one each. May 26 I had a slug of them post, nothing since (though I have had other dines and definitely some more 30/300 bonuses, once they post and I rate the dines).

Check your e-mail - I generally receive e-mails confirming my registration for bonuses / offers. E.g., from [email protected]:

Dear JDiver,

Thank you for registering for the 30 Days of Dining Bonus promotion with the AAdvantage DiningSM program.

You are now eligible to earn 300 AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $30 you spend by June 16, 2011. You must also complete your dining reviews within 30 days of each dine.

Please note that activity that occurred prior to registering for the 30 Days of Dining Bonus promotion will not be eligible for the promotion. Please see the Bonus Details.

Sincerely,
AAdvantage DiningSM Member Services
Email: [email protected]
300 South Park Road
Suite 300
Hollywood, FL 33021
Phone: (800) 479-5981

Originally Posted by biggreen (Post 16483687)
I haven't heard back from RN but the issue is now moot. The new member bonus posted in my AA account today (DINING BONUS- 1000 MILES) along with standard points for dines from 5/20 and 5/23. The separate 300/$30 bonus has not posted yet.