FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   RN/iDine miles for buying ground coffee etc? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1218973-rn-idine-miles-buying-ground-coffee-etc.html)

salut0 May 24, 2011 6:01 pm

RN/iDine miles for buying ground coffee etc?

I used to buy Illy ground coffee at Grandaisy Bakery in NYC and since it was on the dining program, I'd get miles for doing so. Now, it has left.

Does anyone else know anywhere else in NYC which is part of the dining program and sells coffee like this, or even perhaps somewhere that sells other things that go beyond what you'd expect to buy at a restaurant (ie. not prepared take-out food, or food that's cooked there and you'd eat in the establishment)?

Recommendations for places that fit this bill outside NYC are also welcome.

llbye May 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by salut0 (Post 16443541)
I used to buy Illy ground coffee at Grandaisy Bakery in NYC and since it was on the dining program, I'd get miles for doing so. Now, it has left.

Does anyone else know anywhere else in NYC which is part of the dining program and sells coffee like this, or even perhaps somewhere that sells other things that go beyond what you'd expect to buy at a restaurant (ie. not prepared take-out food, or food that's cooked there and you'd eat in the establishment)?

Recommendations for places that fit this bill outside NYC are also welcome.

bump

I'm interested in the same question. :) I have been looking for opportunities to earn miles for groceries and ground coffee, as these expenses add up fast.

JDiver May 30, 2011 8:30 pm

They would be listed in the regular Dining listings for your area, like the Island Vintage Coffee shops in the Ala Moana shopping center and at Aloha Tower Market in Honolulu.

salut0 May 31, 2011 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 16475952)
They would be listed in the regular Dining listings for your area, like the Island Vintage Coffee shops in the Ala Moana shopping center and at Aloha Tower Market in Honolulu.

Thanks for the recommendation. I know that such places are listed in the regular iDine listings. The reason I asked is because there is no way to see from the listings themselves whether a location sells more than just regular take-out or eat-in food cooked on the premises.

I discovered by accident that Grandaisy sold coffee (and I know of a couple of wine stores on the program, too: one of which has also now left, sadly).

I asked because I'm hoping that members might use this thread to start a directory of iDine locations which do sell groceries (bread from a bakery, cans of ground coffee, wine, etc.) so that we could find them more easily than trying to wade through huge numbers of listings on iDine itself where you'd have to look at the menu itself (or the photos of description) to see whether a place sold packaged, bottled, canned or jarred foods.

JDiver May 31, 2011 5:17 pm

OK, got it! Great idea, and thanks, salut0.

(One place I have purchased "to go" is Gonul's J Street Café in Sacramento - she makes really good preserves, spice packages, Turkish wines, etc. However, she is moving her restaurant and renaming it to boot, so it will be a couple of weeks before I know if her new Vanilla Bean Bistro will be Rewards Network, etc.)

Originally Posted by salut0 (Post 16479660)
Thanks for the recommendation. I know that such places are listed in the regular iDine listings. The reason I asked is because there is no way to see from the listings themselves whether a location sells more than just regular take-out or eat-in food cooked on the premises.

I discovered by accident that Grandaisy sold coffee (and I know of a couple of wine stores on the program, too: one of which has also now left, sadly).

I asked because I'm hoping that members might use this thread to start a directory of iDine locations which do sell groceries (bread from a bakery, cans of ground coffee, wine, etc.) so that we could find them more easily than trying to wade through huge numbers of listings on iDine itself where you'd have to look at the menu itself (or the photos of description) to see whether a place sold packaged, bottled, canned or jarred foods.