Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Too many restaurants falling off the program.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Just retuned from a month in Ft Lauderdale and was shocked how many restaurants iDine has lost from the program. I usually get my qualification every year in this town On that annual month visit, but the only one left that I like is Mai Kai and went twice.

Same thing in Toronto...other than a few so-so places in downtown there's very little in the suburbs.

Williamsburg, VA will be my refuge this year as the Rewards Network sales rep has done a consistently good job there with lots of high level choices.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:06 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Norfolk, VA must have the same sales rep as Williamsburg, they have a good selection of restaurants there in my opinion.

My hometown of Kansas City is actually one of the better cities too in my opinion, including one Kansas City institution (Stroud's).

Charlotte, a city I travel too every few months, has seemed to lose a lot of their restaurants.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I agree, there are a lot of good choices in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Williamsburg area. Not all of the places I frequent are on the program, but there are a number of restaurants I visit once or twice a month that have remained registered. Those restaurants run from sports bars to much finer dining. Since I rarely cook at home, it's very easy for me to build up some decent AA miles.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Durham, NC where I live seems to have fewer and fewer places I want to go to, though we did just pick up a new BBQ place I have to try. For the first time in my iDine life I have ONE dine and it's mid-April. Oh and the one I got wasn't even in my hometown
Old Apr 15, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was looking for restaurants in Flagstaff, AZ today. The last time I searched there (January, 2009) there were about two dozen options. Today, there was literally one within 30 miles. Also, searching for Sedona, AZ, a very popular tourist spot in AZ only yields the one option in Flagstaff. Really disappointing.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Ours in Seattle tend to be roughly one replacement per drop off, with 5 miles from downtown averaging around 50 joints.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 4:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
ANC is pathetic as well... down to two establishments.

Heck there is two on the Kenai Penninsula about half a mile away from each other [near Fred Meyers]
Old Apr 25, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
I was looking for restaurants in Flagstaff, AZ today. The last time I searched there (January, 2009) there were about two dozen options. Today, there was literally one within 30 miles. Also, searching for Sedona, AZ, a very popular tourist spot in AZ only yields the one option in Flagstaff. Really disappointing.
Ahh but the one place (El Capitan Mexican restaurant) has the most awesome scallop tacos! Ate there in February can't wait to go back.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:39 am

Surprised, as I thought NYC and NY and South Fl has been adding a some great ones lately. 3 places that were recommended to us in NYC were recently added!
Old May 2, 2011, 3:28 pm

I was in Phoenix/Tempe last weekend and I went to three of my favorite restaurants that were all part of Restaurant Rewards in 2010 (and had been for quite some time). Of course, only one of them still is. It's getting harder and harder for me to get my minimum qualifying dines
Old May 19, 2011, 10:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Some places still have plenty of R restaurants - but others, such as Monterey, CA - scarcer than the proverbial hens' teeth! Woodland, CA, where I occasionally work, ONE! left.

Last edited by JDiver; May 31, 2011 at 12:45 pm Reason: add last sentence
Old May 19, 2011, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
List will be down to 10 w/in 5 miles of home at the end of the month.
Old May 21, 2011, 3:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
List will be down to 10 w/in 5 miles of home at the end of the month.
Not surprised
Old May 24, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
I am not sure if they are falling off or just getting messed up.

Here in Tampa, there are a few that have moved or changed names, yet the listing on the site still gives the old location/name.

I have also noticed many that are mis-categorized. The preset area is wrong. Often here in Tampa, they get listed in MARTIN, a county that is not really close to here, yet the restaurant is within the city limits of Tampa. Messes up the searches and using the preset categorizations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.