A scathing review

Old Mar 20, 11, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
A scathing review

I had tried this joint once - vowing never to return as my mouth burned afterwards as though perhaps something caustic has gotten into the food. The recent review by M N, as well as the December 2010 one by M F would indicate my experience was not unique. I created this thread to highlight that negative reviews do get posted.

China Harbor

P. S. The following comment by C E in September 2010 would be funny, but I suspect the diner wasn't exaggerating: I have never before had food that had such little flavor. I had Mongolian beef, my dining companion had General Tso's chicken, and we couldn't tell them apart by taste. While this is an astonishing feat, it's not one to which to aspire. We will not be going back.

P. P. S. There are many glowing references to the food -- as the secretary typed from dictation in a Rumpole story: "Jackie had some goo!"
Old Mar 31, 11, 1:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We've had some bad RN dining as well. And one RN resto that was truly excellent, a top notch dine in the Sacramento CA area - just shut down this last weekend.
Old Apr 6, 11, 5:26 am
nrr

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
I've never eaten in this restaurant (since I've never been to Seattle), but the burning mouth note reminded me of the time I ate in an Indo Chinese restaurant in Paris in 1964 [before the Szechuan craze had reached the US]. I sprinkled a few morsels of herbs on the food I had ordered--almost immediately my mouth was on fire, even after drinking tea, water and other liquids, my mouth was still on fire hours later.
PS: I went to their web site (per link in post), why do they keep their address secret?--you have to delve deeper into the site to find it.
Old Apr 23, 11, 11:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
I think that place survives by location/view and events. I've never heard anyone give anything but negative reviews of the food.
Old Apr 25, 11, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
wrong thread for post...

Search this Thread