Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any 4th quarter promotion?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Any 4th quarter promotion?

now that the 500 miles for new dines is over yesterday {at least by the calendar} and they cancelled the double points deal for monday,tuesday & wednesday dines back in august ---- what's up for 4th quarter which starts today. seems chintzy that only regular miles are available for us with no new promotion.
miles are being thrown around like crazy for credit card signups. how about a few for us diners.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
I'd certainly like to see something too. There hasn't been a promo with Mileage Plus Dining since they cancel All Double No Trouble. And, with the exception of the for Hilton Amex holders only promo last month, there hasn't been anything on HHonors Dining either.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
I know, I think it really sucks when I have about 6 dines scheduled next month (a lot of friend and family birthdays in the month of October and of course I'm taking them all to Idine restaurants ) and as of now, there are no bonuses! I'd love something for Mon, Tues, Weds again but I doubt we'll be seeing that again for a while.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by jfadds
miles are being thrown around like crazy for credit card signups. how about a few for us diners.
I was going to create a post just about this topic. With AAdvantage miles being given away so easily, 5 miles/dollar is paltry by comparison.
I'll still use iDine exclusively, but I'm not going to bother seeking new restaurants any more.
Back when AAdvantage miles appeared to be worth more, regular rewards were 10 miles/dollar (with plenty of 20 mile/dollar places to boot)...I miss those days.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
I was going to create a post just about this topic. With AAdvantage miles being given away so easily, 5 miles/dollar is paltry by comparison.
I'll still use iDine exclusively, but I'm not going to bother seeking new restaurants any more.
Back when AAdvantage miles appeared to be worth more, regular rewards were 10 miles/dollar (with plenty of 20 mile/dollar places to boot)...I miss those days.
+1
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:57 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
How much do bonuses influence dining?

For me, quite a bit, as I am highly RN bonus-elastic: during the last quarter when M-W 2X and/or restaurant hopping were running I gorged 32,234 RN miles. The first half of October, only 350 miles, and that was at a restaurant that somebody else picked. It’s hard to go back to 5 miles per dollar after getting used to over 20 miles per, as much as 30 per, in Q3.

I can’t control RN’s policies, only my response.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jailer
For me, quite a bit, as I am highly RN bonus-elastic: during the last quarter when M-W 2X and/or restaurant hopping were running I gorged 32,234 RN miles. The first half of October, only 350 miles, and that was at a restaurant that somebody else picked. It’s hard to go back to 5 miles per dollar after getting used to over 20 miles per, as much as 30 per, in Q3.

I can’t control RN’s policies, only my response.
Zero iDine dines for me so far this month. Come on RN...I'm getting hungry!
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:25 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Zero ...!
Very cool, brother (or sister). Gandhi went on a hunger strike against the Brits, as did the some IRA prisoners. We will bring RN to their knees and I sense them breaking already...although I do feel a bit sheepish about Idine-ing this morning. But, I am pretty sure that cappuccino and waffles aren't on the list of prohibited foods and in solidarity with the cause I didn’t take a bag of muffins home.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Zero iDine dines for me so far this month. Come on RN...I'm getting hungry!
Uh-oh, I i-dined a couple of nights ago, but only spent $15. Since it's my birthday month, I only had to spend $10 to get my 500 mile bday bonus! ^
Old Oct 16, 2010, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For me, I'm (1) eating at the cheapest participating places possible, and only when I need to eat out, while there are no bonuses like now, (2) getting more take-out food from grocery stores that have food bars, since I earn 4+ UA miles/dollar there (with a Chase card that I think may not be possible to get new but keeps working for me this way despite threats last year that it would stop earning 5 points/dollar at gas/grocery/drug), and (3) what earning I do do in RN is rotated for now to those programs where I hadn't requalified for elite for next year yet. (If I'm only going to earn 5 miles/dollar in every program I belong to, I might as well ensure that I don't slip back to just 3 miles/dollar next year in the ones that didn't attract me with bonuses so far this year! But of course I might as well spend the minimum necessary doing that...)

Oh, and (4) I'm also making increased use of gift cards I bought by the boatload as participating restaurants were dropping out in the past.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I too haven't been to any idine places since August...

Not that its too hard for that to happen... we lost a bunch of places in July and August

My guess is Idine is not doing so well...
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
The only bonus for me in October is the birthday bonus. I hope someone comes up with more bonuses soon!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
The only bonus for me in October is the birthday bonus. I hope someone comes up with more bonuses soon!
Me, too ... had no idea this joint was so Libra-centric!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Me, too ... had no idea this joint was so Libra-centric!
I'm Scorpio. I am dying for a big steak and some cold beer, but I am not going to eat again until there is a bonus.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 2:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We did some significant RN dining out during the recent promos, but we have lots of options:

6 HHonors points per dollar spent at Whole Foods, Nugget and other markets that have decent takeout options;

restaurants offering 1,000 OpenTable points for reservations - add 3 HHonors points per dollar spent, or other options;

iDine cash back.

etc.

Most recently, we were in a Hilton property with a decent in-house restaurant, where we totaled 69 HHonors points per dollar spent AND earned 1,000 OpenTable points.

Maybe I got spoiled at ten miles per dollar, or maybe I have Adult Dining Deficit Disorder, but there are plenty of options out there when the reward is down to five miles per dollar spent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.