FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   3x points with HHonors Express Lane Bonus via Amex (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1128634-3x-points-hhonors-express-lane-bonus-via-amex.html)

DAS02135 Sep 21, 2010 10:48 am

3x points with HHonors Express Lane Bonus via Amex

I know there is already a post about the Express Lane Bonus buried in the "Share iDine Bonuses" thread, but I want to point out that it is targeted to anyone with an HHonors Amex—and not only for people who received the promo email.

If you have an HHonors Amex but did not receive the promo invitation, you can sign up by logging onto the Amex website. You will find a registration link for the promo at the bottom of the Account Summary page.

The promo gives your triple points for 30 days. You must register by 30 September.

DAS02135 Sep 21, 2010 10:48 am

Here's HHonors Dining blurb

Looking to get a whole lot of Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points in a hurry? The Hilton HHonors Dining Express Lane Bonus is just the ticket for all Hilton HHonors and Hilton HHonors Surpass® Cardmembers! You can now get 3 times the HHonors Bonus Points simply by becoming an online or elite member of the program and using your Hilton HHonors Card or Hilton HHonors Surpass Card from American Express1 at participating dining spots. Once you've registered for the Express Lane Bonus, you can spend the next 30 days tripling your HHonors Bonus Points with every program dine. With this offer and points earned on your Card spend, enrolled Hilton HHonors Dining members can get up to 18 points per dollar, and Elite members can get up to 27.

Time to speed ahead to more HHonors Bonus Points!

Here's how:
1) Join Hilton HHonors Dining and/or register for the Express Lane Bonus(2) by 9/30.
2) Dine at participating spots and get 3 times the HHonors Bonus Points(3) for 30 days after registration.

DAS02135 Sep 21, 2010 10:49 am

Here's the fine print

EXPRESS LANE BONUS DETAILS (note: I omitted the original detail one, since it explains generically how you earn points on the HHonors Amex cards)
(1) This bonus offer is by invitation only to those who have been selected to receive this offer. To qualify, you must register for the Express Lane Bonus through the links on this page. If you are a new member or a member without a profile, you must also enroll and complete a dining profile during bonus registration. A dining profile includes creating a web login and opting in and remaining opted in to receive emails from Hilton HHonors Dining with a valid, deliverable email address. You must register by September 30, 2010 to qualify for this bonus. You must continue to satisfy Online or VIP Member level criteria to get this bonus.

(2) To get this bonus, you must dine within 30 days of your registration at any participating restaurants, bars or clubs. All dines within 30 days of your registration will count towards this bonus. For all qualified dines during the bonus period, members will get 15 points/dollar, and Elite members will get 24 points/dollar. Please note that activity that occurred prior to registration will not be eligible for this bonus. In addition, all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in Hilton HHonors Dining. There is no maximum number of HHonors Bonus Points that can be earned with this promotion. Offer is not combinable with other Hilton HHonors Dining bonuses. Please allow 4-6 weeks after you dine for HHonors Bonus Points to post to your HHonors account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by December 30, 2010.

Notenut Sep 21, 2010 11:37 am

Point #1 indicates it is not open to anyone- have you had experience in getting it for a non-targeted member? (I got the offer last week also).

DAS02135 Sep 21, 2010 1:07 pm

I was not targeted via email and it did not show up for me in the bonus section of the HHonors Dining site.

However, I was able to find the link by poking around on the American Express website (I found it at the bottom of the Account Summary screen). The website ad (which I wasn't able to copy) indicates the offer is available to anyone with an HHonors Amex.

At least from my reading, the posts in the iDines bonus thread suggested the only way you could sign up was if you received an email invite; so, my point in posting was that it seemed to be available to all HHonors Amex holders (i.e., a slightly broader, but still targeted, group of people).

Did I answer your question? Or, maybe miss your point entirely?

JDiver Sep 29, 2010 7:15 pm

The bottom of the page on my Accounts Summary page doesn't show any such link, unfortunately.