FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   Android and non-iPhone 'phone issues (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1126407-android-non-iphone-phone-issues-consolidated.html)

JDiver Sep 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Android and non-iPhone 'phone issues (consolidated)

I wish RN offered an American Airlines option, so I don't have to kluge around it with Hilton HHonors - the restaurants are generally, but not invariably, the same. As well, the database for city names seems to miss some cities - I can search for 95602 and it will reveal the single restaurant in the city of Auburn, CA, but if I search for Auburn in various permutations, it will tell me there's no such place.

KhalilSheikh Sep 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Agreed. I must be the only person on earth who uses a BlackBerry, which must explain why no such app for it exists :rolleyes:

Jailer Sep 15, 2010 10:54 pm

I recall being told that it was AA that didn't want to support a Droid App (I am guessing that there is a cost to AA), and so I use Alaska. While it's mostly right, I always have a bit of doubt, and generally log onto the AA RN site to double check, which of course defeats the purpose of having the App.

JDiver Sep 19, 2010 4:46 pm

AAh, that explains it.

In the meantime, I generally use the RN for a quick check (hours, points on the day of dine, address and the like,) but have to use the browser if I need to check which credit cards are accepted - I would hate to use my AMEX only to find out the property will not accept AMEX for Rewards Network xxx Dining! :(

kebosabi Sep 21, 2010 1:49 am

Count me in as another person who wishes AA would get on the RN Android app. I currently use AS and Hilton for my searches while on the road but there have been misses because I'd find out later that it wasn't an AA Dining participant later. Major let down :td:

It's strange how AA would neglect the users of the fastest growing mobile OS market share over the iPhone these days.

godlovesugly Sep 23, 2010 5:33 pm

I too am a slightly annoyed AAdvantage Dining Droid user. I've been using iDine as an alternate, but people here seem to be using something different. What program matches AA's the most?

KhalilSheikh Sep 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by godlovesugly (Post 14767535)
I too am a slightly annoyed AAdvantage Dining Droid user. I've been using iDine as an alternate, but people here seem to be using something different. What program matches AA's the most?

Hilton has been the closest for me so far.

Jailer Sep 25, 2010 10:30 am

As long as we are wish-listing, I wouldn’t mind having a “map it” tab on the app.