Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

discrepencies in participating restaurants across programs

Old Aug 31, 10, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;

Hi,

I've noted a discrepancy across idine-sponsored programs.

Specifically, La Strada in Alexandria, Va is comes up on a zip code (22204) search for the general idine program, the Aadvantage program, but not the Alaska Mileage Plan dining program.

Does this reflect an anomoly in the search mechanism, or would I actually not earn miles there if I use my Alaska registered card?
Old Aug 31, 10, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
There are slight variations of participation, so it is possible that the restaurant is not participating in the Alaska program. Rare, but is does happen.
Old Aug 31, 10, 11:48 am

Location: California; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite, Omni
Yep, and since AA doesn't support a mobile app (at least droid), I use Alaska's...and either have to hope for the best or (more often) get into aa.rewardsnetwork.

It has always been a wonderment to me why a restaurant would pick some and not other partners, and wonder if it's a data processing error, but who knows?

Specifically, re La Strada, perhaps the zip code was mis-coded, so try the city or try to search for the individual restaurant.
Old Aug 31, 10, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
There are slight variations of participation, so it is possible that the restaurant is not participating in the Alaska program. Rare, but is does happen.
I've found it to be common, not rare. At least where I live (San Francisco). Certainly more than a "slight" variation.

And it's been discussed on other threads....
Old Sep 15, 10, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf View Post
. . . . And it's been discussed on other threads....

Sorry to trouble you. Seems you have a bit of a bugaboo about subjects being reventilated every two years or so. See, e.g., post 6:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...d-reviews.html

But one very serious question I have (one to which I have seen no response despite efforts to review previous posts) does a discrpancy between idine.com and a partner identify that the partner's program does not give awards, or does it mean that the partner site provides awards, but fails to identify eligibility which otherwise exists?
Old Sep 21, 10, 9:05 am
Company Representative - Rewards Network

Hi jfhscott,
I think I can answer your question--your first instinct is correct: a discrepancy between iDine.com and any of our other 14 partner sites indicates that benefits are simply not offered by programs that do not list the restaurants. In other words, the restaurant must be listed on a program website in order for benefits to be offered there.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Elizabeth, on behalf of Rewards Network

http://facebook.com/RewardsNetwork
http://twitter.com/RewardsNetwork

Search this Thread