Search

iDine / Rewards Network Website Usability

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:24 am
Company Representative - Rewards Network
Original Poster

iDine / Rewards Network Website Usability

Hello FlyerTalkers!

We've been getting a lot of helpful feedback from the FlyerTalk forums--most recently regarding the sort by distance search feature, which has been brought back by popular demand.

I wanted to open up a space on the forum for general feedback about your user experiences on our dining program websites. Which features do you enjoy most? Which features are missing or would be most helpful to you?

Please feel free to voice your opinions in this thread. Even if we are not able to implement your suggestion immediately, your feedback will definitely be heard and taken into consideration.

Thanks again, and best regards,
Elizabeth, on behalf of Rewards Network

http://facebook.com/RewardsNetwork
http://twitter.com/RewardsNetwork
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: AA
How to get restuarants to join

There are no restaurants within 3 hours of Northwest Arkansas. How do I tell a restuarant they should join?

Last edited by screenbert; Aug 5, 2010 at 10:05 am Reason: Grammatical Error
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Could you ask the IT guys if we might have the ability to set a default for searching as different members have different needs? For instance, I prefer "within 5 miles" and "by name" (as that's the way I'm used to seeing the list so new places stand out better for me); I prefer to have it defaulted to show ALL restaurants, rather than defaulting to "only offering today" as it is now.

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Fix the website so Cdns can sign up for RN. I signed up years ago when the site accepted Cdn and US addresses. When you upgraded the web sites a couple of years ago, you neglected to account for Cdn addresses. I must have sent 10-12 e-mails complaining that one could no longer search using a Cdn address. I also regularly called Customer Service to ask them to do a search for me near a Cdn address (knowing full well they couldn't do it), just to get my point across and try to let someone know! It took about 6-8 months to finally get that fixed.

You never fixed the sign up page, and I didn't have the heart to start all over again, and I was already registered anyhow. However, when I sell the merits of the RN program to my fellow Cdns, this comes up again and again. I just tell them to sign up with an American address of a friend, relative or favorite Hooter's bar. You would be impressed with how many Cdns I single handedly turned on to the RN program.

Thanks for asking what's wrong with the website!
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:13 am
Company Representative - Rewards Network
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep em coming.

Screenbert - If you'd like to suggest a restaurant to us, please click "Site Feedback" in the upper right corner of your program website. This will launch a popup window with a link to suggest a new restaurant, bar or club. This info is passed on directly to our sales team. (The form is definitely a bit hidden on our sites.)

Points Scrounger - Allowing users to save search preferences as their custom default is an idea that makes a lot of sense--we'll definitely see if we can make this happen.

Margarita Girl - It is possible to search Canadian cities for restaurants on our program websites, but you are correct that our signup form does not officially allow Canadian addresses for registration. (RBC Rewards Dining http://rbcrewards.rewardsnetwork.com/ is the only exception, as the signup form here accepts Canadian address formats.) I will definitely pass your suggestion on as well, although there may be more complicated issues at play with this one. We sincerely appreciate your help in introducing other Canadians to our programs in spite of this issue! We'd certainly like to make it easier for our Canadian diners.

Best regards,
Old Aug 6, 2010, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by RewardsNetwork
Thanks for the suggestions! Keep em coming.

Screenbert - If you'd like to suggest a restaurant to us, please click "Site Feedback" in the upper right corner of your program website. This will launch a popup window with a link to suggest a new restaurant, bar or club. This info is passed on directly to our sales team. (The form is definitely a bit hidden on our sites.)

Best regards,
Add "We miss you" to site feedback, so we can advise Rewards Network when we would have gone to a restaurant that is no longer in the program. You could have a fill in that says, "Tonight I would have gone to __________ in ________(city) if they were still in the Rewards Network program. Instead I went to ____________ which is (is not) in the Rewards Network program with ___ other people (person) and spent $______."

I think this could be a great sales tool for your sales force. There was a local place that my wife and I went to every other week which went off the Rewards Network program. Every time we would have gone there but instead went somewhere else, I sent the owner an email and told him that we would have gone there if they were still on Rewards Network. About 3 or 4 months later, they were back with the program.

For example, tonight I would have put in, "Tonight I would have gone to New Berlin Ale House in New Berlin, WI if they were still in the Rewards Network program. Instead I went to Hickory Sticks which is in the Rewards Network program with 1 other person and spent $39."
Old Aug 8, 2010, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For at least a couple years now, I've not been able to get Firefox (which remembers all my passwords) to fill in the password where I've told it to memorize my password. It has somethig to do with either the way RN tells the browser about what are username and password fields, and/or about the way RN tries to fil in the username on its own ("remember by username") which confuses the browser to the point where it can't fill in the password, and/or timing (the browser tries to fill in the username and password by then instantly RN's site wipes it out). Perhaps you could get the web folks to look at that? Thanks!

Also, a restaurant Printer Friendly printout contains all sorts of useful information, but is missing whether the restaurant is "umlimited vists" or "1/month". I have to write that in each time. I'd be nice if that information was added to the Printer Friendly version.

Among things I really like are the new additions of check marks for a week of day-by-day participation in the list view, and (although I haven't tried it yet) the 30 miles search option.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
For at least a couple years now, I've not been able to get Firefox (which remembers all my passwords) to fill in the password where I've told it to memorize my password. It has somethig to do with either the way RN tells the browser about what are username and password fields, and/or about the way RN tries to fil in the username on its own ("remember by username") which confuses the browser to the point where it can't fill in the password, and/or timing (the browser tries to fill in the username and password by then instantly RN's site wipes it out). Perhaps you could get the web folks to look at that? Thanks!

Also, a restaurant Printer Friendly printout contains all sorts of useful information, but is missing whether the restaurant is "umlimited vists" or "1/month". I have to write that in each time. I'd be nice if that information was added to the Printer Friendly version.

Among things I really like are the new additions of check marks for a week of day-by-day participation in the list view, and (although I haven't tried it yet) the 30 miles search option.
Speaking of printing, the checkmarks under the weekdays do now show up in the Printer Friendly Version. They show up on the screen, but not on print. I've observed this both on FireFox and IE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.