Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Earn 500 miles >=$25 where you haven't dined before (OVER 1 Oct 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2010, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)

I saw this listed in an e-mail from US Airways among various other partner offers:

Is there a Dividend Miles Dining restaurant you haven't visited? Of course there is—a quick online search will probably show you that. Well, how would you like to earn 500 bonus miles for visiting one?

All you have to do is register for the Change of Scenery Bonus, then dine at a program restaurant, bar or club where you've never earned Dividend Miles before. Spend just $30, and those 500 bonus miles are yours. Enjoy the new scenery. And all those bonus miles.

1. Register for the Change of Scenery Bonus*
2. Spend just $30 at a program spot where you've never earned miles before, and you'll earn 500 bonus miles

*This bonus offer is open to Online and VIP Dividend Miles Dining members. To qualify, you must register for the Change of Scenery Bonus through the links on this page and remain opted in to receive emails from the Dividend Miles Dining program with a valid, deliverable email address. You must continue to satisfy Online and/or VIP Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn this bonus, you must spend at least $30 (including tax and tip) in one dine at a participating restaurant, bar or club where you have not yet earned Dividend miles. All dines must occur by August 31, 2010. Dines at participating restaurants, bars or clubs where you have previously visited and earned rewards will not count toward the Change of Scenery Bonus. Please note that activity that occurred prior to registration will not be eligible for this bonus. In addition, all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the Dividend Miles Dining program. There is a maximum of 500 bonus miles that can be earned with this bonus. Offer is not combinable with other Dividend Miles Dining bonuses except the All Double, No Trouble Bonus. Please allow 6-8 weeks for any bonus miles to post to your Dividend Miles Dining account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by October 31, 2010.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 2:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Same deal as the United (500 miles) on AA Dining. It's called the restaurant hopping bonus though.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
AA T & C (slightly different)

$25 minimum and Sept 30th deadline

*This bonus offer is open to Online and VIP AAdvantage DiningSM members. To qualify, you must register for the Restaurant Hopping Bonus through the links on this page and remain opted in to receive emails from the AAdvantage DiningSM program with a valid, deliverable email address. You must continue to satisfy Online and/or VIP Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn this bonus, you must spend $25 or more at participating restaurants, bars or clubs where you have not yet earned AAdvantage® miles. You must dine and submit a dining survey about the restaurant within 30 days of each dine in order to earn the 500 AAdvantage® bonus miles. All dines must occur by September 30, 2010. Dines at participating restaurants, bars or clubs where you have previously visited and earned rewards will not count toward the Restaurant Hopping Bonus. Please note that activity that occurred prior to registration will not be eligible for this bonus. In addition, all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the AAdvantage DiningSM program. There is no maximum number of bonus miles you can earn. Offer is not combinable with other AAdvantage DiningSM bonuses with the exception of the All Double, No Trouble Bonus and the Very Merry Birthday Bonus. The 500 AAdvantage® bonus miles will be awarded after the submission of a completed survey within 30 days of the dine. Please allow 6-8 weeks for any bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage DiningSM account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by November 30, 2010.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

From reading the posted T&C's, the AA promo has no restriction on the number of times you can earn the bonus. The US version does.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

I wonder how Rewards Network will treat different branches of the same restaurant for purposes of this restaurant hopping promo. If I always go to Restaurant XXX at address YYY, will I get the bonus if I go to Restaurant XXX at address ZZZ (for the very first time) if both locations participate in Rewards Network?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If they have separate listings @ Rewards Network, then the locations where you have not dined should be fine.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Earn 500 miles >=$25 where you haven't dined before

Just got this from the Aadvantage Dining folks:

"The Restaurant Hopping Bonus

Add some variety to your diet! Earn 500 AAdvantage® bonus miles every time you spend $25 or more at a participating restaurant, bar or club where you've never dined before and then complete a survey within 30 days. Try new neighborhoods and new cuisines—you might just discover a "new favorite!"

There are no limits to how many AAdvantage® bonus miles you can earn, so start sampling right away. Learn how to qualify and register for the Restaurant Hopping Bonus today."

If my math is correct -- a big "if" -- then $25 can earn up to 750 miles (500 hopping bonus, + 5 miles per dollar for VIP member, + 5 miles per dollar for All Double, No Trouble promo).

Bon Apetite!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:26 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
I was a bit excited, too, until I realized that I've tried many of the restaurants in my area already... I guess I'm already a mucho muncher

That's not to say that my city (Chicago) doesn't have a huge number of opportunities, but being the urbanite that I am, I don't own a car... so, it's unlikely that I'll go very far out of my way to find a restaurant that I haven't tried (which would be one not near me).

Great promotion, though, IMO!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:10 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
This looks like a fun promo, as I have cherry picked the Idineries near work/home it will cause me to go beyond my normal catchment zone and try some new places.

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
If they have separate listings @ Rewards Network, then the locations where you have not dined should be fine.

The equally interesting question is that if a place fell off RN and then came back as a “new” restaurant, will it count?

In that I am trying to have 90% of my dines' miles connected to a bonus, hopefully I can nab eight or ten of these newbies.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jailer
The equally interesting question is that if a place fell off RN and then came back as a “new” restaurant, will it count?

In that I am trying to have 90% of my dines' miles connected to a bonus, hopefully I can nab eight or ten of these newbies.
It's possible, but if they identify the joint the exact same way (resurrect the same listing) I doubt it.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 2:08 pm

miamigrad, do you recommend any places in Chicago in the program? We live in Oak Park and only visit the local places regularly. Could use the recommendations!

Deb
Old Jul 6, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Wish there were some participating restaurants nearby. Guess that's one of the disadvantages of living in the country.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by DebBrown
miamigrad, do you recommend any places in Chicago in the program? We live in Oak Park and only visit the local places regularly. Could use the recommendations!

Deb
Among my favorites (keeping in mind my post above... I tend to eat closeby, since I don't own a car):
- Twist Tapas (3412 N Sheffield): Always offers an interesting sangria choose, in addition to the traditional. The tapas are delicious and the staff is friendly.
- FireFly (3335 N Halsted): Small restaurant, intimate atmosphere. Very "bistro"-like. Great food.
- Istanbul (3613 N Broadway): Delicious Mediterranean food and very friendly staff. I've had the chef come to our table to personally greet us many times.
- Panino's (3702 N. Broadway): Lots of delicious Italian fare (not all of it is on the menu, so ask if you don't see something you want!). Friendly staff... I go here all the time, and the restaurant just joined the program... so, this makes me happy that I'll be earning miles for one of my favorite places anyway!
- Demera (4801 N Broadway): Ethiopian. Very good food, and the wait staff was nice the few times I've been here.

There are just a few of my favorites. Feel free to PM me with any other questions

EDITED TO ADD:
I have many, many more recommendations for restaurants that are within the Chicago city limits. I'm not sure if they participate or not without searching. But... I'm a big foodie A night out always includes a great meal with friends and a glass of wine for me

Last edited by miamigrad; Jul 6, 2010 at 3:05 pm
Old Jul 6, 2010, 2:45 pm

Thanks, miamigrad! Both my DS and DD live in that area so we will try a couple of these out.

Does flyertalk have an area or thread for reviews of dining program restaurants?

Deb
Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by DebBrown
Thanks, miamigrad! Both my DS and DD live in that area so we will try a couple of these out.

Does flyertalk have an area or thread for reviews of dining program restaurants?

Deb
As a matter of fact, this might work (found in the iDine forum):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...ts-thread.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.