The New (AA/RN) Rating Instrument

Old Jul 3, 10, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Location: California; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite, Omni
The New (AA/RN) Rating Instrument

Is a PITA

Although I have made it my goal to not Idine on 5-mile per dollar days, sometimes I do; but I never rate those bonus-less meals.

The new matrix is such a hassle Iím wondering if itís worth it to rate cheap lunches. I know that I could just answer at random, but the ex-quasi-academic in me is hesitant to skew their numbers. I am particularly vexed when asked to rank order 7 factors of why I ate somewhere. Sacrilege, I know, but there may actually be a limit to how much work that I am willing to do for less than 50 cents worth of miles.
Old Jul 6, 10, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
I also kinda see it funny how one of the answers to the questions involve "found restaurant using phone app" when AA doesn't even participate in the RN app
Old Jul 7, 10, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I saw the 1-7 rating too and agree its a PITA...

Old Jul 9, 10, 12:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage GLD; AGR
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
its a PITA...

If you're feeling sour, surely it's a sourdough rather than a pita bread?
Old Jul 9, 10, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Used it today, agree with everyone, the old way was better. Still 70 miles is worth anything
Old Jul 12, 10, 12:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
Couldn't agree more with everyone. Specially since, at least in my case, I have to repeat the same process for a handful of restaurants I go to. Unfortunately, not a great variety of places worth going in my area.
Old Jul 13, 10, 2:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, MaÓtre-plongeur des Muccis
The learning curve is pretty shallow IMO - it takes little time, and brevity, well, it's the spice of life, right?

Search this Thread