Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

(2010) Very Merry Birthday Bonus (restricted to AA and UA members)

Old Apr 27, 10, 9:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

So, although I normally eschew giving any website more information than I think they actually need, I did add my birth date to the RN website (AAdvantage Dining).

Today my e-mail came, with a registration link, leading to:

"VERY MERRY BIRTHDAY BONUS
Surprise! It's 500 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles.!

Whether you're going out for a big bash with friends or ordering in for an evening of quiet pampering, your birthday celebration can earn you an extra gift. Just spend $10 on a single visit to a program restaurant during your birthday month and you'll be unwrapping 500 AAdvantage® bonus miles.

And to ensure that you keep earning, review your credit card information. Register additional cards to make sure you don't miss a single mile.

Earning 500 AAdvantage® bonus miles is a piece of cake.
1 Register for the Very Merry Birthday Bonus*.
2 Spend $10 or more at a participating restaurant, bar or club during your birthday month."

The fine print:

VERY MERRY BIRTHDAY BONUS DETAILS
* This bonus offer is open to AAdvantage DiningSM Online and/or VIP Members who have a birthday during the month specified in their AAdvantage DiningSM account. To qualify, you must register for the Very Merry Birthday Bonus through the links on this page and remain opted in to receive emails from the AAdvantage DiningSM program with a valid, deliverable email address. You must continue to satisfy Online and/or VIP Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn this bonus, you must spend at least $10 (including tax and tip) in one dine at a participating restaurant, bar or club during your specified birthday month. Please note that activity that occurred prior to registration will not be eligible for this bonus. Members may register up to 10 days before their birthday month but the dine must occur during the birthday month on file in your AAdvantage DiningSM account. Members may register and earn this bonus only once during a 12 month period. If any changes are made to the birthday month in their account after bonus registration, the member may become ineligible to participate in this bonus. This bonus ends at the end of each birthday month specified in their AAdvantage DiningSM account at the time of registration. The bonus will end in its entirety on December 31, 2010. In addition, all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the AAdvantage Dining program. Limit one Very Merry Birthday Bonus per member. A maximum of 500 miles may be earned with this bonus. Offer is combinable with other AAdvantage Dining bonuses. Please allow 4-6 weeks after your dine to post to your AAdvantage account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received 60 days after the end of the birthday month at the time of registration.

Please note that some restaurants offer rewards only on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest rewards calendar, visit aa.rewardsnetwork.com. Other limitations may apply.

(My underscoring for emphasis.) I don't often eat cake, but the bonus is welcome. Nice, Rewards Network!

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 21, 10 at 10:01 am Reason: add emphasis
Old Apr 27, 10, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Exclamation

Happy Birthday.

Old Apr 28, 10, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Hmmmm, wonder if all the other programs offer this bonus!
Old Apr 28, 10, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Hmmmm, wonder if all the other programs offer this bonus!
I do not think so. RN told me they will have to find out and get back to me.
Old Apr 30, 10, 1:49 pm
Company Representative - Rewards Network

Hi there,
Currently AAdvantage DiningSM and Mileage Plus DiningSM are the two programs that issue a special birthday bonus. We'll keep you posted if other programs add this bonus as well.

Thanks again for dining with us!

Elizabeth, on behalf of Rewards Network

http://facebook.com/RewardsNetwork
http://twitter.com/RewardsNetwork
Old Jul 3, 10, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Hey! Got mine today too. Figure I will use it on a Tuesday this month and get double miles + 500 bonus. I can charge a $10 meal for that!
Old Jul 4, 10, 11:40 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Edit: After PM-ing the RewardsNetwork representative on FT, I received a phone call from RewardsNetwork letting me know that they were offering me a birthday bonus of 500 AAdvantage Miles!

I thank the RewardsNetwork FT representative for her efforts!

Last edited by Max M; Jul 7, 10 at 3:28 pm Reason: Proactive Customer Service!
Old Jul 5, 10, 11:46 am

Programs: AA (1MM)
Originally Posted by Max M View Post
I've earned over 29,000 miles to date with AAdvantage Dining in 2010 alone, and didn't receive the birthday bonus e-mail in May.

I even dined at an AAdvantage Dining restaurant on my birthday in May, spending well more than $10 for the dine!

Nice to know that I'm a "valued" customer.
Have you actually entered your birthday on the AA Rewards Network website? That field was only recently added to their website.
Old Jul 6, 10, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA 1.3 MM/LT Gold
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle View Post
Have you actually entered your birthday on the AA Rewards Network website? That field was only recently added to their website.
My birthday is specified in my account settings and I did not receive the email either. Oh well...
Old Jul 6, 10, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If you were registered and had a $10 dine that month, ask RN for the miles!
Old Jul 8, 10, 9:13 am

Programs: FT
just added spouse's b-day....hopefully and e-mail will come before the end of the month....
Old Jul 12, 10, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
For anyone who has completed this...

How long after the miles hit the AA Dining website did you get the bonus miles. For me, the miles/CC charge showed up on the dining website 2 days ago and I was just seeing if they should have come together or the bonus is issued after. Too soon to call and bug them.
Old Oct 21, 10, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by ssafro1 View Post
For anyone who has completed this...

How long after the miles hit the AA Dining website did you get the bonus miles. For me, the miles/CC charge showed up on the dining website 2 days ago and I was just seeing if they should have come together or the bonus is issued after. Too soon to call and bug them.
Dined on Oct 14, 500 bonus miles posted today (Oct 21). I'm almost embarassed since I only spent $16, and got 580 miles. That's 36 miles/$! I even rated the dine which I would normally not do if there isn't a bonus for doing it.

Thanks JDiver for bringing this to our attention!
Old Dec 3, 10, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Thumbs up

Many thanks, JDiver. I never would have known this.
Old Dec 8, 10, 6:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's a pleasure, friends. Anything of substance I sniff out on the program I will post here. (I only wish we had more incentives going right now!)

I did get miles for purchasing some coffee from Island Vintage Coffee in the Ala Moana Center in Honolulu!

Search this Thread