Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Favorite French Restaurant Just Dropped the Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott

For quite some time I had earned only an occasional small dribble of miles from UA dining. But 2 years ago a new, terrific French restaurant in our area joined the program, and with our once/month visit, coupled with various promotions, we really began to accumulate a substantial number of miles.

I just learned they have dropped out effective Feb 1.

They really were the only restaurant in the area we like on a regular basis that participated. Back to the dribbles.

Add that to the Safeway termination, we are really suffering.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JerryFF
I just learned they have dropped out effective Feb 1.
Did you ask why they split from the program? It would be interesting to know.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:55 pm

A Mexican restaurant in our area dropped out of the program, and we usually ate there at least twice a month. As soon as I saw they left the program, I sent the owner an email saying that I was sorry to see that they left the program, as we usually ate there twice a month and sometimes took friends with us. Then, every time we went out and would have considered going there, I sent an email saying that we had dined elsewhere at a restaurant that was in the Rewards Network program and stated how much we had spent. About three months later, they were back in the Rewards Network program. I don't know if this will work for you, but you could try.
Also, in the future, keep an eye on the listing of restaurants that are leaving the program. You can stock up on gift certificates before they leave.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by morerainplease
Did you ask why they split from the program? It would be interesting to know.
They joined the program when they first opened to try to drum up business. They dropped out because they weren't getting any more new customers from the program and were just paying to have regulars like us who would come anyway.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:16 am
SST

It's simple: I just don't go back, or go very infrequently. And I tell them why. Sometimes it makes a difference.

You can't really expect the hottest restaurant around to pay for this promotion forever, can you? But when business falls off, the program worked once, so there's no reason it can't work again. I have one place that comes back on about once every 18 months, just for 3 months. I go there then, and tell them so. Repeat as necessary. Of course, this works much better in a town full of iDine restaurants--- I've always got some more choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.