Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Dining Program bonuses--is 1,000 miles typical for $25 spend? Should I wait?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 7:41 am
Original Poster

I've seen some recent bonus offers for 1,000 miles to join FF-associated dining programs after $25 spend. Some I've already signed-up for in the past, so assume I can't "re-join" and get a bonus. But for FF-associated dining programs I've not already signed-up for:

Is 1K for $25 spend the best I can expect or should I wait for more generous targeted offers? What are some of the highest ones you've seen in/between 2008 and the present?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
I've seen some recent bonus offers for 1,000 miles to join FF-associated dining programs after $25 spend. Some I've already signed-up for in the past, so assume I can't "re-join" and get a bonus. But for FF-associated dining programs I've not already signed-up for:

Is 1K for $25 spend the best I can expect or should I wait for more generous targeted offers? What are some of the highest ones you've seen in/between 2008 and the present?
My wife got 1500 with AA about 18 months ago. That being said, I just signed up and received the current 1000 bonus being offered with AA. Since you're from Raleigh, you might be interested that I used a $25 off $35 coupon from Restaurant.com purchased for $2 at the Cameron Bar and Grill in Cameron Village which also happens to be in the Aadvantage Dining Program. We thought the food to be pretty good and a great value with the coupon.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: Credit Cards
I just signed up for the offer as well, and got an e-mail the other day to review a restaurant I tried in Las Vegas... had I known it was part of the program I would have spend more than $10 bux there for breakfast, oh well... better find something in Jersey or NYC before the month runs out.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zink88
My wife got 1500 with AA about 18 months ago. That being said, I just signed up and received the current 1000 bonus being offered with AA. Since you're from Raleigh, you might be interested that I used a $25 off $35 coupon from Restaurant.com purchased for $2 at the Cameron Bar and Grill in Cameron Village which also happens to be in the Aadvantage Dining Program. We thought the food to be pretty good and a great value with the coupon.
Thanks Zink. Sounds like a great deal. The two restaurants I've eaten at under various dining programs had mediocre fare--e.g. Garner Ale House and Gianni and Gitanos (Triangle Town Center). Places I wouldn't return to--the former, I wouldn't; the latter, I couldn't--as it went belly up.

I see the new Ole Time BBQ in Garner is now on dining programs. Decent BBQ and great hush puppies (onion batter). But I'm completely enamored of The Pit in downtown Raleigh. I'm a bit finicky with my BBQ--but the Pit does eastern carolina BBQ to as close to perfection as I imagine I'll ever taste. They're not on any dining programs, but don't need to be I suppose--plenty of business already. Looking forward to some day having better-than-mediocre fare with some of these restaurants. Thanks for the Cameron recommendation, and glad to know you're a Triangle person as well.

Zink, this is off-topic; but have you ever seen any great mileage run deals out of RDU for people not needing EQMs? With as few miles as I've so far been able to obtain, I use them for coach seats for overseas flights. Would love to up my game and fly biz or 1st class, but my main objective is to see as many interesting places as possible. I'm intrigued by the idea of mileage runs, but most of them don't seem to be good value for anything other than pursuing elite status (sounds fun, but not for me right now).

Last edited by moretimeoffguy; Jan 30, 2010 at 9:22 am
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Zink, this is off-topic; but have you ever seen any great mileage run deals out of RDU for people not needing EQMs? With as few miles as I've so far been able to obtain, I use them for coach seats for overseas flights. Would love to up my game and fly biz or 1st class, but my main objective is to see as many interesting places as possible. I'm intrigued by the idea of mileage runs, but most of them don't seem to be good value for anything other than pursuing elite status (sounds fun, but not for me right now).
I have not reached the level of making mileage runs, so can't help you there. My redemptions have been for 4 coach seats for our family to either Hawaii or Caribbean destinations, and converted from AA to Hilton Honors for free stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.