FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   One dine good on several airlines? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1040993-one-dine-good-several-airlines.html)

optionstrader Jan 18, 2010 5:34 am

One dine good on several airlines?

Hi! I am registered in the dining programs of American Airlines, Delta, and Southwest. I notice that in my local area, all three seem to list the same restaurants. If I go to one of these restaurants, does that get me points or miles on all three airlines (if I registered the same credit cards with all three)? Otherwise how would a specific dining program know that I was only asking for points or miles for its own program? Thanks in advance for your comments.....

Open Jaw Jan 18, 2010 11:12 am

Originally Posted by optionstrader (Post 13202653)
Hi! I am registered in the dining programs of American Airlines, Delta, and Southwest. I notice that in my local area, all three seem to list the same restaurants. If I go to one of these restaurants, does that get me points or miles on all three airlines (if I registered the same credit cards with all three)? Otherwise how would a specific dining program know that I was only asking for points or miles for its own program? Thanks in advance for your comments.....

You need to have one credit card registered in each airline program. Moreover, each account must always have a registered CC on file. If you use the CC registered in the AA account to pay for the bill, then you will only earn AA miles.

Jailer Jan 18, 2010 11:43 am

Originally Posted by optionstrader (Post 13202653)
...(if I registered the same credit cards with all three)? .....

If only it was true....You will find, I think, that registering a card that is already registered wipes out the old affiliation.

nonesuch flyer Jan 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Not going to happen!

Originally Posted by Jailer (Post 13204670)
If only it was true....You will find, I think, that registering a card that is already registered wipes out the old affiliation.

This is definitely the case in my experience. Happens automatically for the obvious reason to prevent double dipping. The guys who designed the system made sure you could not do what the OP suggests.

optionstrader Jan 19, 2010 9:21 pm

thank you all

thank you very much to nonesuch, jailer, and open jaw for graciously setting me straight. i checked and all of your comments were spot on! very much appreciated!!!

CMK10 Jan 21, 2010 3:09 pm

I learned this the hard way.

I've had iDine for years but only got a UA Visa card in 2007. When I got it I signed up under my word address and First Initial Middle Initial Last Name to qualify for a big bonus. I then went and entered the card under my original iDine account where I'm an Elite. Sadly, I forgot I had the other account and when I used the UA Visa card last year, I only earned 3 miles per dollar instead of 5 :(

nonesuch flyer Jan 24, 2010 10:37 am

Hints to maximise points through Idine

There are a number of things that you need to do to make sure that you maximise the number of miles that you get through your Idine membership. The first is that you have to sign up with an email address. Many if not all of their programs give you lower points if you are not signed up through email. Second you need to actually read the emails that they send you because some contain bonus offers that require you to actively register. Third you should try to quickly get VIP status by doing 12 dines. This can often be accomplished easily if their is a relatively cheap place near you on the program. We have one of the local coffess shops in the program. Then remember that you can sign up multiple cards. I also suspect that it is a good idea to fill in the survey questions after each dine. I know that sometimes they give bonuses if you have filled in all your surveys.