Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

WN's 'Winter Bonusland' - another backdoor way to use RN

Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

Southwest has just announced this new promo that's very much like USAir's Grand Slam, in which credited uses (like Grand Slam "hits") of Southwest partners earn credit toward Rapid Rewards Credits. It takes 25 partner uses to earn 16 RR Credits, with various intermediate increments earning some of the points. Southwest's Rapid Rewards Dining by RewardsNetwark qualifies. You can only use a partner once a day, but, unlike the USAir program, there isn't a cap on how many times you can use a partner (or a distribution requirement). Sooo.....

I have two nearby pizza restaurants that are Rapid Rewards Dining restaurants that sell pizza by the slice. Pizzatime!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...6-credits.html

NB: No, it's not clear if Rapid Rewards Dining counts as one partner, or if each restaurant does ("...per day"). Probably when Southwest sees this "softspot", and since they haven't been specific in the t&c, they'll interpret that the whole RR Dining program is one partner, since they have a reputation of not *changing* promo rules midstream. If so, that's 25 days of pizza if you want the whole pie..... Actually it would be less than that since each dine earns .25 RR Credit, anyway .

Last edited by Firewind; Nov 21, 2009 at 2:03 am
Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:52 am

Unless the pizza is $100 per slice, you won't be getting too many bonus points. Unlike USAirways, WN requires you to spend $100 on dining to earn a quarter credit through the restraurant rewards program.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Oh, rats.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I was momentarily exceited (based on knowing the Rewards Network program from miles-based FFPs), and then I realized WN's can't work that way, so I clicked to see how it worked, and when I realized it's purely dollar-based ($25 cumulative spend for the first fractional credit, $100 for all subsequent fractional credits), I realized I'd have to spend $725 to get the 8 transactions needed for my first bonus credit in the Winer Bonusland promotion.

Gosh, at that rate, forget the dining, it'd be faster and cheaper to do mattress runs or rental car runs! Unless you're "naturally" spending many hundreds of dollars a month on dining and Southwest's program is the only one you use, this promotion is useless from a dining perspective.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 4:33 am

Programs: Marriott PLAT
For those of you who have already signed up for WN's rapid reward idining, what is the typical posting time? I have waited several weeks for the first post, and wanted to see if that was normal.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jb2001
For those of you who have already signed up for WN's rapid reward idining, what is the typical posting time? I have waited several weeks for the first post, and wanted to see if that was normal.
I'm not clear, are you asking about posting to RN's site or posting to Southwest's site? (Those happen at totally different times, and you should be checking them in that order.)

A dine should post to RN's site within a week, and usually within several days. If you don't see it on RN's site wihin 10 days, you should call them about it, and then they'll ask to send them a copy of the receipt or your card statement. (I find the receipt works better in some cases, especially with some cards where your card number is not super clearly spelled out on each statement page. And I've definitely found caling then faxing to be much more reliable at fixing missing dines than scanning then emailing.)

Once it hits RN's site, it'll show as "Pending" before it's been transferred to the airline. A day after it's been transferred to the airline, it'll sow a Paid date.

Thee's no typical transfer amount of time (from posting at RN's site to posting at an airline's site), there's only a transfer schedule. How long it takes it to transfer depends on when you dine relative to the schedule.

While I don't know the schedule for Southwest, I know that with some airlines RN only transfer to the airline once a month, while with other it has been transferring once a week. It's quite possible the RN->Southwest has the once a month schedule, in which case it'll take a couple months of observations to figure out when within the month that is each month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.