FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   I hate Iberia, yes HATE (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/586002-i-hate-iberia-yes-hate.html)

Gooner505 Aug 2, 2006 3:14 pm

I hate Iberia, yes HATE

Over the last few years, I have had to fly Iberia about 10 times, lowest class was business over the last say 5 years.

I was yet to recieve decent service. December was the last.

I had staff who never spoke english. Would bring me a coke, I would dirnk half the glass and still have coke in the tin, the FA would come and just take it. I asked again for one, he did it again. On the third time I asked him why he was taking it and he ignored me and walked off.

I was once asked if I wouldnt mind to downgrade to economy for compensation. I said no, I was sitting in my chair and got chatting to the lady next to me, only to discover it was here and her bf they wanted to give the 2 seats to and there was 1 open, they hadnt paid for business class they were friends some some guy at Iberia in South Africa not even Spain.

I was flying first class once, early hours of the morning the fa comes past and bumps my knees and I wake up, things like that happen so hey. On his way back I get bumped again but this time buy a drinks cart. No apology again, he turns around and tells me to sleep with my body on the chair and I wont get bumped, I sleep on my side and my knees were bent over slight, im 6.4.

Checking in, I have an Iberia Gold Card and AA Advantage platinum, never once was my pre reserved seat kept for me. In december my girlfriend and I were going on holiday and I was told sorry we had to be split, I told him that wont do change people around. I made this booking 5 months ago and put us together for a reason, he mumbled something when I got onboard I kicked up a fuss to the purser and he apologised and got us together.

When checking in I always asked for my aa account to be credited, only once out of many attempts did they. I called Iberia 12 times, sent 7 emails and 8 faxes requesting the change. I would call their centre, sorry this isnt gold card counter we will out u through to them. Why she couldnt help is beyond me. I would be todl no body here speaks english sorry, call back no english people now later. Sorry we cant change it, but 3 months ago I got them to change it, then she said oh I dont know. Eventually a very friendly lady tried to speak english and told me to email her and she would do it.

While arriving at their lounge in MAD, I show them mine and my gf's boarding pass and proceed to the right side (old terminal) where it is for business plus. He tells me I cant go in there, I said but I have a gold card, let me see and so I showed him. He said ok u can but she cant. I said she is my partner travelling with me, she cant he still responds. I said we are both in business plus, oh you should have said was his response, with just showing him a boarding card why was he letting me into the lounge in the first pace then if I wasnt in business. My routign was MAD-MAD, I then said she is coming with me in there. Ok he says.

I came in once with 33 KG and I was told I was over weight, was checking in 2 items of baggage, never mind the gold card again, that didnt seem to do anything for an extra 10 kgs. I refused to pay over weight, the supervisor came and said oh you can go through now here is your boarding card.

Was delayed in MAD, they announce in Spanish onbaord not english. They tried to get out of giving a hotel coupon to a friend travellign even thou they said you will be delayed for 12 hours.

I missed a connection from MAD-CDG once from an Iberia late departure out of JNB, I was told sorry buy a new ticket. I said had you not delayed me by 2.5 hours I would have made it, I am not buying a new ticket you should compensate me.

The list could go on, but thankfully no more Iberia, I now have to brave Air France. So far one flight on them one bugger up as well.

wideman Aug 2, 2006 4:01 pm

well, thanks for making the grammer [sic] correction.

LapLap Aug 2, 2006 6:19 pm

Gooner505 - I stopped using IB about 10 years ago.

If you can, perhaps you should do the same.

Altaflyer Aug 2, 2006 6:23 pm

I hear IB sucks, however the stuff described above is largely small stuff and really no big deal. The Aadvantage credit should have been handled via AA not IB as it is AA that credits the miles to you. And as for English, well.... :rolleyes:

oiRRio Aug 2, 2006 7:16 pm

I'm happy to report that on one of my only 2 long haul flights on IB (in Y) my Brazilian (and till then unknown to me) seatmate took it upon herself to spoonfeed me my dessert :cool: so no complaints from me regarding service onboard. She didn't speak English either :eek: and yet we managed to communicate our desires. :)

Are you sure this sudden HATRED of IB isn't simply an adverse reaction to Reyes' sudden desire to move to Real Madrid or does it date back to May 17th, 2006? ;)

bilboflyer Aug 2, 2006 7:17 pm

Finally you realized. Never is late to take a wise decision.

Wellcome to the Club

Anyway your complaints are only the tip of an iceberg. Iberia can even be worst :)

Thanks god, I am living now far away from Spain and I can avoid them, but it won't be always possible. Actually next October I will suffer again.

jimquan Aug 2, 2006 8:30 pm

I'm sore at them because they charged me for orange juice on board.

Jim

Gooner505 Aug 3, 2006 1:38 am

Reyes should go and we should ask for Robinho and Baptistia in return, excuse the bad grammer and spelling above, was not in a sober state last night.

Yes it is the tip of an ice berg, but as I said it was. Having an fa refuse to speak english or claiming they can't isnt too beneficial to passengers is it?

In order to be credited with the miles at AA I had have had them cancelled at IB first, I called AA and asked.

Fortunately I don't have to fly them again, I do have a lot of miles with them and I was trying to sell them to friends last night, HAHAHAHA. Will try and redeem them for use on BA. It's just their level of service was shocking. The last flight I ever made with them I was surprised with the level I got, small box of chocolates, very friendly when they woke me before landing I got "Good morning Sir," was pleasantly surprised but ain't gonna happen again. My desire for S & M extends only so far.

House Aug 3, 2006 4:07 am

Originally Posted by jimquan
I'm sore at them because they charged me for orange juice on board.

Jim

Within Europe they do. All flights in economy are buy on board and there's both an announcement when you board and a menu in the seat pocket with prices.

I have to say I avoid IB whenever possible, but the fares can be very low indeed and as long as your expectations are low you won't be too disappointed!

Altaflyer Aug 3, 2006 6:03 am

Originally Posted by House
but the fares can be very low indeed and as long as your expectations are low you won't be too disappointed!

I have next to no expectations so we should be good ;) Well, I do need to arrive 24 hrs after IB's sched into Milan or else will miss my BA flight! That is my only expectation and have insurance via credit card too should I need to take matters into my own hands :)

oiRRio Aug 3, 2006 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Gooner505
Reyes should go and we should ask for Robinho and Baptistia in return, excuse the bad grammer and spelling above, was not in a sober state last night.

Not even Wenger is that big a magician in the transfer market! Anyway shouldn't you now be flying EK? ;) Not an Arsenal fan but of the other big clubs you are by far the least insufferable so best of luck for the season except for the first game where I will be cheering on the opposition. :cool:

Raf Aug 3, 2006 7:26 am

Originally Posted by House
I have to say I avoid IB whenever possible, but the fares can be very low indeed and as long as your expectations are low you won't be too disappointed!

That's it! I used Iberia mostly because of their really good fares (better than low-cost sometimes), so I don't expect suberb service on board (alhough their Business Plus product on A340 is pretty good). Iberia never fault me due to reliability, baggage handling or delay's. Crew is really nice if you try to speak to them Spanish (even not so fluently). It's huge airline, and customer-service faults happend sometimes, but personally feel much better on IB planes than serving i.e. german dragons on Lufthansa. Depends on what you expect and how you behave to the others...

harri Aug 3, 2006 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Gooner505
Having an fa refuse to speak english or claiming they can't isnt too beneficial to passengers is it?

Yes, English has unfortunately become so dominant especially in the field of aviation that we are getting more and more people who demand to be served in English no matter where they are :D

alanw Aug 3, 2006 10:03 am

I guess IB is just saving up all the good service and trouble-free flights for me.

Of course if I made a post about every time I had my knees bumped by a drink cart or a delayed flight, I guess I could claim to hate just about every airline.

FWIW, a bunch of IB's ground staff in BCN is about to get fired (or thrown in jail) over the actions of last Friday.

bilboflyer Aug 4, 2006 12:29 am

Originally Posted by alanw
FWIW, a bunch of IB's ground staff in BCN is about to get fired (or thrown in jail) over the actions of last Friday.

Do you really think that? IB has informed that they will try to mantain all the possible jobs (about 60%) since they are allowed to provide themselves the handling services. Actually, would it be strange that after this "strike" they were allowed to provide handling services also to Air Nostrum and Clickair? Something stinks here. :mad: :confused:

I hope that if IB don't take any disciplinary measure against their ground staff, at least the Company be fined and some people be charged and condemned. :mad:

Anyway, bad moments for a fine, after the pilots strike and after having declared a net loss of EUR9.2 million in the first half of the year (after 10 years of profits). The beggining of the end?