Iberia Business Class recently?

Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: IB Platinum, LH FF, JK Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat/IC Amb, Hertz #1 PC
Originally Posted by alanw
I've taken that flight (or to BCN) probably 30 times or so, on both carriers and find them to be pretty much interchangeable. I don't care for the food on BA; being from London you may prefer it to the Spanish catering. On BA you run the risk of getting stuck in 3-across seating, which doesn't happen on IB, but the IB lounge is a dump compared to Terraces.

At any rate, I pick according to time, not carrier on that route.
Actually IB lounge in LHR is BA T3 Galleries Lounge (OW lounge) and if your destination is Madrid city , IB flights are most convenient due to T4 main building arrival so not transfer train, passport control just out of gate(each gate has independent passport control for these flights (H area aproximately 10-15 minutes to get off terminal). I prefer IB for LHR-MAD legs.

Last edited by Juliusgg; Oct 15, 2009 at 9:15 am
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by chilledflyer
Row 1 on the 343 is almost horizontal as well
Yes but you are a little bit caged...

Anyway IB is changing all 340's business layoput to have full horizontal seats, removing a row. It means no problem with which seat to choose in a close future.

"new" equipment is listed as 342 (340-300 new business array) and 345 (340-600 new business array)
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
Originally Posted by Juliusgg
IB is changing all 340's business layoput to have full horizontal seats, removing a row. It means no problem with which seat to choose in a close future.
Wow! That's big news! I get IB Plus emails all the time, why aren't they promoting this?? Where did you hear it?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by malcolmkettering
Wow! That's big news! I get IB Plus emails all the time, why aren't they promoting this?? Where did you hear it?
I guess IB will no promote this as is "currently" offering "flat seats" so they will be on trouble.... Maybe just more space fo business or something like that...or they just reconfigured a couple of planes to test customers if they notice the difference...
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:55 am
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
Yes but you are a little bit caged...

Anyway IB is changing all 340's business layoput to have full horizontal seats, removing a row. It means no problem with which seat to choose in a close future.

"new" equipment is listed as 342 (340-300 new business array) and 345 (340-600 new business array)
Thanks. My flights are in September, 2010, so I guess I have nothing to worry about
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
This explains the 342 I saw. I was confused because I couldn't find a seat map for the A340-200.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:38 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I have to quickly get from BOG to Egypt (SSH) in November and it turns out that a OW Circle Atlantic was the most economical and expedient way to do this. I am ticketed on IB6586 BOG-MAD and have some seating questions in light of recent posts to this thread.

My flight is listed as a "345" but when I go to the seat guru seat maps for the 340 series, the plane shows 340-600 and appears to have 9 rows of business class seats. I can see the seat map for my flight and it shows only 7 rows and like I say it seems to be an A340-500. Can someone shed some light on this, and more importantly, give me a suggestion as for the best seat on the A345?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by stephem
I have to quickly get from BOG to Egypt (SSH) in November and it turns out that a OW Circle Atlantic was the most economical and expedient way to do this. I am ticketed on IB6586 BOG-MAD and have some seating questions in light of recent posts to this thread.

My flight is listed as a "345" but when I go to the seat guru seat maps for the 340 series, the plane shows 340-600 and appears to have 9 rows of business class seats. I can see the seat map for my flight and it shows only 7 rows and like I say it seems to be an A340-500. Can someone shed some light on this, and more importantly, give me a suggestion as for the best seat on the A345?
345 for IB it's an 340-600 with new business array, IB is removing 2 rows in their A340-600 to allow full flat seats in business class, currently offers flat (angled) seats. Will be good to know about this configuration but the seat will be the same, only more distance between rows...I imagine will looks like LAN 340's business class in terms of space of course, AVOD is completely different style.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 9:29 am

Wow, this is great news. I have never flown IB and was kind of dreading this flight, I am spoiled by the true flat seats on BA, SQ, NZ and AC and was not looking forward to a not fully flat seat. Glad to hear I will have that. I will make sure to post some info once I take the flight in a couple of weeks.

345 for IB it's an 340-600 with new business array, IB is removing 2 rows in their A340-600 to allow full flat seats in business class, currently offers flat (angled) seats. Will be good to know about this configuration but the seat will be the same, only more distance between rows...I imagine will looks like LAN 340's business class in terms of space of course, AVOD is completely different style.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by stephem
Wow, this is great news. I have never flown IB and was kind of dreading this flight, I am spoiled by the true flat seats on BA, SQ, NZ and AC and was not looking forward to a not fully flat seat. Glad to hear I will have that.
All that euphoria will go out the window once you see what you're riding on to CAI.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iberi...214/0244869/M/
Old Oct 27, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Timing?

Can you (or anyone else) provide any schedule for this fairly significant upgrade?

I am flying IB from GRU next month, and it would be nice to know.

Tks.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
This explains why expertflyer is saying my IB flight this week is on an A345! I knew IB only flies the -300 and -600s, so was confused. Looking forward to the new business class seat pitch.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by tallboy
Can you (or anyone else) provide any schedule for this fairly significant upgrade?

I am flying IB from GRU next month, and it would be nice to know.

Tks.
All 340 will be reconfigurated by feb 2010, otherwise flying 340-300 (340) take any of row 6 (currently fully flat) or 340-600 (346) row 2 middle seats D-H

342 or 345 will indicate operation with new business array.

Current business class. new array will increase legroom, same seat.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iberi...b52f6f4dcabb55

Domestic&european current cabin.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iberi...b52f6f4dcabb55
Old Oct 27, 2009, 4:48 pm

Thankfully I take IB all the way to LHR and then grab BA LGW-SSH later in the evening. It turns out to be the only way to get from BOG-SSH on that 2 day period, I failed to book far enough in advance and all the CAI-SSH flights are sold out.

At the moment, CAI-MAD on IB seems to be one of the few options that works for my return, that timing looks downright inhumane on that plane!

Originally Posted by alanw
All that euphoria will go out the window once you see what you're riding on to CAI.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iberi...214/0244869/M/
Old Oct 27, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
It's pretty awful. You arrive to MAD at 4AM and the next onward flight isn't for 3-4 hours. Lounges are closed, though there is one lonely cafe. CAI flights generally get treated like a redheaded stepchild I think.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.