Madrid check-in time and location

Old Oct 9, 2023, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Madrid check-in time and location

Hi.

Two questions please. If an Iberia operated flight departs from T4S, do you check-in at the main Terminal 4. I assume you only go to T4S once checked in?

Also, are you able to check-in 3-4 hrs before for a flight to London in business class?

Thanks.

Last edited by northeastflyer; Oct 9, 2023 at 5:36 am
Old Oct 9, 2023, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi.

Two questions please. If an Iberia operated flight departs from T4S, do you check-in at the main Terminal 4. I assume you only go to T4S once checked in?

Also, are you able to check-in 3-4 hrs before for a flight to London in business class?

Thanks.
Yes, you check in at T4. And you should have no issues dropping your luggage 3-4 hours before your flight.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:48 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Just to be more clear, you can't get to T4S without first being airside on T4 so it's not confusing at all.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 2:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, HHonors Diamond,
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Just to be more clear, you can't get to T4S without first being airside on T4 so it's not confusing at all.
It just takes forever to get to 4S. Between immigration, security, all the escalators down to the train to 4S, all the escalators back up to the gates it's a major schlepp. BTW if you're looking for the Iberia VIP lounge it's hidden amongst the duty free shopping area. I think I'm starting hate MAD more than LHR.
embarcadero1 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by ppwchess
It just takes forever to get to 4S. Between immigration, security, all the escalators down to the train to 4S, all the escalators back up to the gates it's a major schlepp. BTW if you're looking for the Iberia VIP lounge it's hidden amongst the duty free shopping area. I think I'm starting hate MAD more than LHR.
Learn to love the lifts. Go from fast track across the back of regular security to take the lift down to the train. From there is the only point the escalator is best to get up to passport control. After passport control, take the lift again. This can save at least 5 minutes and really makes it a lot better. Also be sure to board the train going there at the first door of the second car and line up on the far side so you are in front of everyone going into the passport control line.
beachfan likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Learn to love the lifts.

Shhh... the lifts are for us old guys...

Let the young, eager ones keep running up and down those escalators...
malagajohn likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by ppwchess
It is a bit of a trek but once you get used to the layout I dont find it too bad . I like T4S and prefer the IB one over LHR T4. Last week I was from check in , immigration and train quite quickly.
As above the lifts make all the difference .
Old Oct 16, 2023, 12:27 am
Suspended

Just to add allow 30 mins on average to get to T4S from Security to the lounge
Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
T4S transit question

do arriving passengers at T4S and in transit to another T4S flight have to go back to the main T4 building for security ?

Or can I simply go thru security at T4S seeing my flight leaves from there?

Cheers
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by steveggetit
do arriving passengers at T4S and in transit to another T4S flight have to go back to the main T4 building for security ?
There is transit security in T4S. Your actual transit route within T4S will depend on whether you are entering/leaving Schengen on either flight which would also require you to pass through passport control.
This page explains the various Iberia - Connections at Madrid Airport
Old Oct 17, 2023, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steveggetit

Or can I simply go thru security at T4S seeing my flight leaves from there?

Cheers
Assuming that you have your onward BP, you can clear security at T4S and stay out there. You should see the detour before you get to passport control.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by geronimo
There is transit security in T4S. Your actual transit route within T4S will depend on whether you are entering/leaving Schengen on either flight which would also require you to pass through passport control.
This page explains the various Iberia - Connections at Madrid Airport
That page still seems to indicate IB flights to the UK leaving from T4 main. That is no longer the case and they are also out of T4S.

Also, there is a non-Schengen transit security in T4S as well.
Old May 31, 2024, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Learn to love the lifts. Go from fast track across the back of regular security to take the lift down to the train. From there is the only point the escalator is best to get up to passport control. After passport control, take the lift again. This can save at least 5 minutes and really makes it a lot better. Also be sure to board the train going there at the first door of the second car and line up on the far side so you are in front of everyone going into the passport control line.
I love the lifts.
train tip is helpful.
second car from right or left?

And far side meaning opposite doors or another door same side of the car.
Old May 31, 2024, 2:20 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
From where the lift drops you, second car closest to you (right hand side of the train).

Far side meaning opposite doors.

However… when I went through T4S earlier this month (17/5) they'd placed (rather pointlessly) tensa barriers BEFORE the escalators to separate the queues to get up the escalators into non-EU and EU lanes. So the car trick doesn't really save time now and if the tensas are still in place I would want to be on the far left side of the train as far away from where the lifts drop you.

Last edited by chacor; May 31, 2024 at 2:47 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.