Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Avios and tier points on IB flight sold by latam?

Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Do you get avios and/or tier points on flights sold by Latam but which are flying on IB codes/on Iberia metal if credited to Iberia or BA? Can a flight sold and operated by Latam be credited to Iberia?
Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You CANNOT earn Tier Points or Avios with British Airways on IB-code, LATAM metal.

You can earn Avios from Iberia Plus, however a recent poster didn't actually receive the Avios. So YMMV...

I believe that LATAM-coded, LATAM metal can earn Avios, but NOT TPs with BAEC. (as well as IB+)
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You CANNOT earn Tier Points or Avios with British Airways on IB-code, LATAM metal.

You can earn Avios from Iberia Plus, however a recent poster didn't actually receive the Avios. So YMMV...

I believe that LATAM-coded, LATAM metal can earn Avios, but NOT TPs with BAEC. (as well as IB+)
Does that mean you do get it on IB coded IB metal if credited to BA, the only latam part is that they sold the ticket.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Originally Posted by slidey
Does that mean you do get it on IB coded IB metal if credited to BA, the only latam part is that they sold the ticket.
Yes, who issues the ticket doesn't matter.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by slidey
Originally Posted by BA6501
Yes, who issues the ticket doesn't matter.
I would double and triple check that LATAM is indeed selling you an IB coded flight. But if so, they are basically just like any other travel agent and you would earn BA Avios and TPs on your Iberia flight.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 3:42 pm

Hello please can you help? If you book an IB flight via the BA app will you earn BA tier points and Avios? Many thanks
Old Apr 2, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Hello please can you help? If you book an IB flight via the BA app will you earn BA tier points and Avios? Many thanks
Of course you will earn TP and Avios.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Originally Posted by Marschel
Of course you will earn TP and Avios.
An IB flight operated by Iberia is fine...

I can't say with 100% confidence that BA isn't selling something random that doesn't count for TPs and Avios...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.