FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Unable to create PNR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/2109296-unable-create-pnr.html)

trolleymusic Jan 24, 2023 10:05 pm

Unable to create PNR

Hola!

I'm trying to book a flight using Avios from EZE-BCN and the following scenarios/errors happen:
  • When I search with the Argentina version of the site, I cannot see any results and immediately get an error Lo sentimos, no podemos mostrarte los vuelos
  • When I search with the non-Argentina version of the site (eg: Spain), I can see results, choose a flight, fill out the passenger details, and when I click to continue to the payment screen I get the error Unable to create PNR - this error is exactly the same regardless of language used.
If I try to book a different route, eg LHR-BCN, when using the Spain version of the site, I can get through to the payment screen without any problems.

I am using the Iberia Plus account of an Argentinian resident, who is not travelling on the booking.

Does anyone have any insight into this? I thought it was maybe a temporary glitch, but I've been trying on and off for 12+ hours. I plan to call Iberia tomorrow or the next day, but just thought I'd ask around first.

Gracias!

craigthemif Jan 25, 2023 2:08 am

Have you set up the actual passenger(s) as a "beneficiary"?

trolleymusic Jan 25, 2023 4:59 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 34955365)
Have you set up the actual passenger(s) as a "beneficiary"?

I've added the passenger to the list of acompañantes frecuentes, so I'm able to select them on the passenger details screen. Is this what you mean?

LupineChemist Jan 25, 2023 9:07 am

I'd call and say the website isn't working so they waive the fee

craigthemif Jan 25, 2023 10:19 am

Originally Posted by trolleymusic (Post 34955572)
I've added the passenger to the list of acompañantes frecuentes, so I'm able to select them on the passenger details screen. Is this what you mean?

It looks like IB+ has changed things. You used to add "beneficiaries" but now it does seem to be "frequent companions" instead.

Is the member also paying your taxes and surcharges?

Originally Posted by LupineChemist (Post 34956103)

Calling doesn't work well when you're trying to use somebody else's Avios... :D

trolleymusic Jan 25, 2023 10:47 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist (Post 34956103)

Good advice, thanks!

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 34956361)
Is the member also paying your taxes and surcharges?

No, just to make it more complicated the passenger is a third person. The member would pay the Avios part and I would be paying the cash part for taxes and surcharges. But I'm not able to yet get to the payments screen (I am logged in as the member though).

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 34956361)
Calling doesn't work well when you're trying to use somebody else's Avios... :D

😂 Of course my intention was to get the member to call - I've been roped into this because a) I'm paying the taxes/fees, and b) I'm the frequent flyer in the family.

craigthemif Jan 25, 2023 11:33 am

Originally Posted by trolleymusic (Post 34956455)
Good advice, thanks!

No, just to make it more complicated the passenger is a third person. The member would pay the Avios part and I would be paying the cash part for taxes and surcharges. But I'm not able to yet get to the payments screen (I am logged in as the member though).

😂 Of course my intention was to get the member to call - I've been roped into this because a) I'm paying the taxes/fees, and b) I'm the frequent flyer in the family.

I can't recall IB+ specifically, but many airline programmes require the member to pay the taxes and surcharges rather than the traveller. Fraud prevention measure...

I honestly can't see how you can pay the taxes / surcharges for somebody's else flight whilst using a third party's Avios...

trolleymusic Jan 25, 2023 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 34956590)
I honestly can't see how you can pay the taxes / surcharges for somebody's else flight whilst using a third party's Avios...

Ok, we’ll see when she calls up. I must admit I’ve never been in this exact situation before 😂

The original issue with the website still remains though, I’d understand if I’d gotten through to the payment details screen and been rejected because of the card, but I’m not getting past the passenger details.

trolleymusic Jan 26, 2023 5:20 pm

So an update, mostly for anyone who has this error in the future.

Unable to create PNR was happening because the Iberia website was showing Avios availability on a flight that had no availability. If you look for the direct EZE-BCN flight, it shows as having availability every day, but that is not the case. You're able to get past the passenger details screen, but not to the payment screen.

The first person we spoke to at Iberia customer service was quite awful, and would not waive the €30 call-centre fee even though it was unable to be booked on their website. After hanging up and trying again the second person was able to understand what we were after and work out why we couldn't do it.

In the end we had to book EZE-MAD-BCN, and were able to use my card to do so.