Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia award ticket questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Iberia award ticket questions

Booked long ago on Iberia metal. Reservation states "holding confirmed" so this is not ticketed yet, correct? I just received a confirmation email and assumed I'd see ticketed online as a result but do not. At what point should I see it as ticketed and what will it say in the manage booking section online? Flight is late Sept. 2022.

There also seems to be two confirmation codes as well, a booking code and another code, one that's 4 letters and one number that has booking code next to it and then another that is 6 digits, one number and 5 letters. What is the longer one called then?

I also have two positioning flights booked also on Iberia but booked with AA miles. AA puts a 6 digit code for Iberia on the app confirmation which I used to assign seats on the Iberia app. Strangely it has a number to start where the other booking code/conf codes don't. I've managed the booking online while logged in yet the site doesn't remember these flights which I find strange. On the app it kicks out the previous trip I put in it and only has the current one, really, can you not manage more than 1 on app and have to find the other bookings?

I may end up wanting to split this ticket into two one ways(or cancel one either outbound or inbound and keep other) as I might only want to fly one of one ways depending on my other options. Is that possible? Assume I'll have to make a phone call, what is the best call center to use. I do have the option to have someone translate if that's the best way to go but hesitant as something could get lost in the translation.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:54 pm

It's a weird phrasing, but ime Holding Confirmed means it's booked and not just held.

Usually when I book an Iberia award flight I get two emails almost immediately. 1. Booking confirmation (text only), and 2. Electronic ticket (with pdf attached.). Maybe check your spam folder?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:31 pm

go to manage your bookings and find resend email link. Sometimes I don't get the PDF email of the etickets, but the resend should work for you.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lobo411
It's a weird phrasing, but ime Holding Confirmed means it's booked and not just held.

Usually when I book an Iberia award flight I get two emails almost immediately. 1. Booking confirmation (text only), and 2. Electronic ticket (with pdf attached.). Maybe check your spam folder?
I do have the e tickets but it's strange to me as well the Holding Confirmed online. It's also odd that I cannot put more than the one booking online.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Hi, the "Holding Confirmed" issue has already been discussed a few times in earlier threads. It's IB's Spanglish expression for "Ticketed - Booking Confirmed". So it's all fine. I've had the same "Holding Confirmed" note in all of my cash bookings and I've never had any problems.

The five-digit code that comes with IB bookings is for IB's own reservation system, and it only works with IB's website and app. There's also normally a six-digit Amadeus code associated with IB bookings, which is useful for saving and monitoring one's trip on checkmyrtrip.com, or for accessing the booking on other oneworld airlines' websites, but IB normally doesn't divulge it unless you call them and specifically ask for it. Try putting the six-digit code into checkmytrip, if it brings up your itinerary then it's the Amadeus PNR.

AA uses Sabre, and the PNR associated with AA bookings is a Sabre code that only works on aa.com and with AA's app. For mixed itimeraries involving BA and IB there'll also be an Amadeus code that you can use to access those segments on ba.com. iberia.com and obviously also on checkmytrip, which is owned by Amadeus.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The origin of Holding Confirmed is the segment status code of “HK” (Holds Confirmed) from the airline GDS. You can be HK without having a ticket issued. One is a segment status code and the other is an action of ticketing.

There are dozens of codes used, some common ones in this vein:

HL - Holds List (Waitlisted)
UC - Dreaded unable to confirm
KK - Can confirm, usually sent back to the requestor when the segment status was HL or UC or one of many other unconfirmed status codes that exist
lobo411 likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 5:56 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Booked a UL flight on Iberia.com that was not showing on AA or BA, so was a little concerned when I got the 'Holding Confirmed' and only receved the booking email.

Having looked about I've now found the ticket numbers under the passenger information of 'Manage your booking', so guess that's as confirmed as can be.
Old May 22, 2023, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 21H21J
Booked a UL flight on Iberia.com that was not showing on AA or BA, so was a little concerned when I got the 'Holding Confirmed' and only receved the booking email.

Having looked about I've now found the ticket numbers under the passenger information of 'Manage your booking', so guess that's as confirmed as can be.
You are braver than most of us IB regulars... (booking UL via IB+)

You certainly should be fine if you can see the e-ticket number and the PNR you were given works on the UL website. (contact IB+ to get the UL PNR if not...)

Keep a very close watch on schedule changes, etc. as that could easily cause problems down the line...
Old Jun 4, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You are braver than most of us IB regulars... (booking UL via IB+)
Why so?
Old Jun 4, 2023, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 21H21J
Why so?
Totally non-changeable and non-refundable award tickets.

Phone agents who are unable or unwilling to fix any issues that may arise.

etc. etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.