Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Having issues transferring points from Chase UR to Iberia Plus.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

I've made my Iberia Plus account in January 2022. I read that the account needs to be 90 days old with some avios points in there (I never had any). When attempting to transfer Chase UR into my Iberia Plus, the button gets grayed out and then back into green. Today was my first attempt of trying and nothing is going through. I've also tried using my Amex MR points into Iberia Plus but it doesn't go through. Any idea what the problem is? I'm trying to transfer BA to Iberia, when I try to "combine my avios" under Iberia Plus it says, "Sorry, you are not eligible to combine your Avios with Iberia Plus."

edit: I can’t link my Amex to IB. It gives me an error message.

when I try to buy Iberia avíos it gives me this message “
In order to purchase you need a balance of at least 1 Avios or have collected Avios in the last 3 years. You can collect Avios in different way”

I even did a survey to earn some avios (I’ve earn 100) and still can’t transfer Chase to IB.

my IB account number has 7 digits. In my email they sent, my IB number has 14 digits. (0000000#######)

I’ve also post this in the BA forum section.

Last edited by Usernamemy; Jun 23, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:09 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk! To transfer from BA to IB, your personal information in each account must strictly match including your email address. You also need to have some earning or redemption activity in the IB account in the past 36 months. Transferring Amex points to IB is supposed to count as activity. Buying avios probably counts.

I don't know if the lack of activity is blocking your direct transfer from Chase to IB.

Also, Chase has a promotion to give 30% extra avios on transfers to BA. If you can get this working, it's better to transfer Chase to BA and then BA to IB, rather than Chase to IB.

There's a little info in older threads like this one and this one.

Last edited by rrgg; Jun 21, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rrgg
Welcome to FlyerTalk! To transfer from BA to IB, your personal information in each account must strictly match including your email address. You also need to have some earning or redemption activity in the IB account in the past 36 months. Transferring Amex points to IB is supposed to count as activity.

I don't know if the lack of activity is blocking your direct transfer from Chase to IB.

Also, Chase has a promotion to give 30% extra avios on transfers to BA. If you can get this working, it's better to transfer Chase to BA and then BA to IB, rather than Chase to IB.

I’ve tried transferring from BA to IBERIA but it gives me an error every time. “Sorry, you are not eligible to combine your Avios with Iberia Plus.”
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Was also having issues until today. Could not transfer Avios from EI to BA. Tried for over a week but got all the error messages listed prevously.
Today I logged on to Avios.com and tried something I had not previously attempted. Went to the "Contact Us" option at the bottom of page, then "Transferring Avios to BA or IB" and hit "webchat".
About 10 min. wait for an agent, answered some verification questions and how many Avios I wanted to transfer and within a minute or so the Avios had transferred. E-mail confirmation received, checked both Avios.com and my BA account and the transfer had completed.
All done in less than 15 minutes.
Pleasantly surprised how easy this was after the irritations of the failed attempts of the past week. Regret not trying the "webchat" sooner.
Hope this helps someone else out there!

got this reply from another thread I’ve posted on BA. This option works!
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Usernamemy
Was also having issues until today. Could not transfer Avios from EI to BA. Tried for over a week but got all the error messages listed prevously.
Today I logged on to Avios.com and tried something I had not previously attempted. Went to the "Contact Us" option at the bottom of page, then "Transferring Avios to BA or IB" and hit "webchat".
About 10 min. wait for an agent, answered some verification questions and how many Avios I wanted to transfer and within a minute or so the Avios had transferred. E-mail confirmation received, checked both Avios.com and my BA account and the transfer had completed.
All done in less than 15 minutes.
Pleasantly surprised how easy this was after the irritations of the failed attempts of the past week. Regret not trying the "webchat" sooner.
Hope this helps someone else out there!

got this reply from another thread I’ve posted on BA. This option works!
Hi there, to access webchat, which service did you log into on Avios.com? Iberia or BA? Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jomama341
Hi there, to access webchat, which service did you log into on Avios.com? Iberia or BA? Thanks.
I didn’t log into any service on Avios.com

try this webchat link

https://chat.avios.com/Live/webchatL...gb&from=/us/en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.