Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Half price avios Premium Economy (and economy) redemptions w. Iberia Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 10:05 am
PB2
Original Poster

Until 23 May, you can book half price (50% of the avios required) reward flights via iberia plus, to travel Sept-Dec 2022.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I read about this offer over on Loyalty Lobby, and gave it a try this morning. Would not work ex-US, but only ex-Spain. OK. Tried for MAD – ORD – MAD for October. Fare came back with a discount of 7000 Avios (39K down to 32K). I don’t consider that much of a bargain. I passed.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:52 am
PB2
Original Poster

Hmm, sounds more like dodgy iberia IT. Admittedly I have since read that your Iberia Plus account should have a spanish address - but yesterday I was able to correctly price up a MAD-JFK return in PE, for November, and the 50% reduction was applied, leaving 25,500 Avios and 208€ left to pay.
Old May 19, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I did price Business MAD-ORD-MAD and worked...
Old May 19, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Circusplaza
I did price Business MAD-ORD-MAD and worked...
Yes, mine worked too. But it was not a good deal. Hope you found something better.
Old May 19, 2022, 12:38 pm
PB2
Original Poster

Yeah business fares do mysteriously show a small discount but the 50% off is only Economy and premium economy fares, flying September to just before Christmas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.