What is wrong with the Iberia website?

Old Apr 1, 22, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM - AS: 75K - AF/KL: S – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
What is wrong with the Iberia website?

I have not been able to log in to the Iberia website for weeks. I cannot change my password either. I've been going back and forth with them and today I got this:
Hello Tom, our colleagues created the new password for you. However, our website is still facing problems related to the IBPlus login, so the password, by now, only works in our app. Kind regards
Anyone else having these issues?
Old Apr 1, 22, 3:39 pm

I can login today and was searching for awards yesterday. If your browser auto-fills your name and password, try typing it yourself. That was a problem for me in the past.
Old Apr 1, 22, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rrgg View Post
I can login today and was searching for awards yesterday. If your browser auto-fills your name and password, try typing it yourself. That was a problem for me in the past.
That doesn't work at all either. I can't do anything there. It seems passwords can't be changed at the present time.

After three weeks of this, I can't believe anyone on their IT staff is still employed there.
Old Apr 2, 22, 7:42 am
Original Poster

I got this from them now. That this could go on for weeks is amateurish at best. Their IT is a joke. Any other airline would have this fixed in a day. I guess its hard to fire people over there.
Veronica Raven likes this.
Old Apr 2, 22, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Unfortunately, Tom, this is just Iberia IT being Iberia IT. They are not fit for purpose and I was always amazed that, when Willie Walsh was CEO of IAG he did not swing the axe through the entire operation. I do understand that Spanish labour laws prevent wholesale firing - or most firing of any kind - but IT / website / call centre have been Iberia's weakest points for years. No one seems to care.
Old Apr 4, 22, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I haven't been able to log in on any Mac browser (Safari/Chrome/Brave) for a long time. It works on iOS, on Ipad, but not on Mac.
Old Apr 5, 22, 4:04 am

What's wrong with Iberia?

Where to begin...

For me using a different internet browser works and allows me to log in, but it's a crapshoot.
Schutzee and Veronica Raven like this.
Old Apr 6, 22, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold A3 Gold IB Plata
Originally Posted by spainflyer View Post
No one seems to care.
This is the case with nearly every employee at any business in Spain. It's deeply ingrained and it's acceptable to way too many Spanish consumers. I find it's helpful to keep this in mind, so as to keep one's expectations in check and not have a meltdown or stroke every time I deal with a bank, service company, government entity, retail store, public utility, airline, etc.
Old Apr 7, 22, 9:20 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
This is the case with nearly every employee at any business in Spain. It's deeply ingrained and it's acceptable to way too many Spanish consumers. I find it's helpful to keep this in mind, so as to keep one's expectations in check and not have a meltdown or stroke every time I deal with a bank, service company, government entity, retail store, public utility, airline, etc.
I'll just say that I manage some things in Spain and there's a dearth of accountability and responsibility culture in Spanish work environments.
Old Apr 12, 22, 11:32 am

Programs: ?
Cannot log into Iberia Plus account on website, only on app

Originally Posted by TomA View Post
I have not been able to log in to the Iberia website for weeks. I cannot change my password either. I've been going back and forth with them and today I got this:Anyone else having these issues?
Hi Tom,

I am in a bit of a similar boat, that I can only log in via app, and not via the website. I have been reaching out to Iberia for weeks, since I received my sign-up bonus on the Chase Iberia credit card back at the end of December, and so far have not been able to use it. First it took until end of January for them to reveal to me, that they had created a new Iberia account for me, separate from the one I already had. Then, my request to have the new account be merged into the old account was declined by Iberia, since they wanted me to send a picture of the passport which I had many years ago when I opened my Iberia Plus account, but of course I do not have that old passport anymore, so I can not send a picture of it. Sending them my current passport and my current driver's license was not sufficient for Iberia, to merge the accounts. So I tried to obtain access to the new account Chase and Iberia had created for me. First, it took a long time until they were able to add my email address to the new account. Then once my email address was added, it was possible for me to go through the "reset password" procedure, at the same time, trying to log in I only received an error message.
During this whole saga spanning over many weeks, I have called Iberia customer service on the phone more than 30 times. For example today, I first spoke with someone who put me on hold when they tried to pull up my account, and then the line disconnected after 10 minutes on hold. Second call, I got connected straight to the after-call survey, did not get to speak with anyone. Third call, they said they were going to contact the technical department, to have them make it so that I can log in, at the same time, that's the same thing they told me a week ago, that the technical department would reach out to me, and they never did.

So now finding this FlyerTalk article today, I read about that logging in my not work on the website, but instead it may work on the app. And I tried it, and for the first time after many months now, I can see my 100,000+ Avios that I earned! Yay! I am so grateful, that this information was shared here on Flyertalk, about trying the app. I had already tried with different browsers, and Iberia did not get back to me on Twitter either when I reached out there. At the same time, how weird is it, that in my many calls with the Iberia Plus department, or when filling out the web form on contacto.iberia.com, they were never able to tell me, "oh we have issues right now with logging in on the website, please try the app instead"?

Now my big question: can I book awards over the phone? Because in the app, booking awards does not work for me. And obviously I can not book on the website.
I am thinking that I would like to use my Iberia Plus Avios to book award flights, and after that, then never do business with Iberia again.
Old Apr 19, 22, 12:08 am

Half the time the site crashes when I try to search flights. Then if I get flights, I can't choose the birthdates and have to change it later. Then if I hit the payment screen it just spins and crashes.
Old Apr 21, 22, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
One thing I always do is to use the Spanish version of the Iberia website and so far it always seems to work. It works in English too.
Old May 13, 22, 3:46 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the monthly view to open when searching for award seats?
Can't get it using google chrome on laptop.
Before I download the app, can you see the monthly view on it?
Old Jun 4, 22, 11:55 am

I've had the same problem for a week. Agents can book a flight for you but not help with IT issues. The London office seems a little sharper than the people on the international number.( 020 3684 3774 London number).
Old Jun 4, 22, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by TomA View Post
That doesn't work at all either. I can't do anything there. It seems passwords can't be changed at the present time.

After three weeks of this, I can't believe anyone on their IT staff is still employed there.
password needs to be updated. I also couldn't do it on the website , but got it done with the app

Search this Thread