Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

IB 6275 MAD to ORD nonstop flight on Sunday starting 9/4

Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Platinum

I booked an AA (IB 6275) code share for September 11 non stop from MAD to ORD. It would appear that IB is moving from offering this flight 7 days a week to just 6 days by removing Sunday Flights starting on September 4.
A new flight cannot be booked, but neither IB or AA has cancelled or modified my flight. It is hard to believe that every seat on the plane is sold out on Sundays.

Is anyone else booked on this Flight on a Sunday after 9/4? Any idea why Iberia would not cancel or modify the existing reservations?

I was wondering if this is a normal practice for IB.

Thank you.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by jagoffee
I booked an AA (IB 6275) code share for September 11 non stop from MAD to ORD. It would appear that IB is moving from offering this flight 7 days a week to just 6 days by removing Sunday Flights starting on September 4.
A new flight cannot be booked, but neither IB or AA has cancelled or modified my flight. It is hard to believe that every seat on the plane is sold out on Sundays.

Is anyone else booked on this Flight on a Sunday after 9/4? Any idea why Iberia would not cancel or modify the existing reservations?

I was wondering if this is a normal practice for IB.

Thank you.
I'm on the same boat but with a MAD-JFK flight. Waiting to know if I'm going to be rebooked or simply cancelled!
jagoffee likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
A lot of flights (JFK, LAX, ORD) seem to be in the same boat, it all depends on them getting more aircraft, they have 3 that should be delivered soon, so you probably won't know anything at least until a month before your flight.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by netlord
A lot of flights (JFK, LAX, ORD) seem to be in the same boat, it all depends on them getting more aircraft, they have 3 that should be delivered soon, so you probably won't know anything at least until a month before your flight.
Thank you.
Since IB is no longer accepting or pricing new bookings for this flight, that would be a questionable strategy. Why would the plane be available the other six days during the week, but not in Sunday?

I did not realize that other flights were in the same situation. Perhaps IB is waiting to decide which flights will operate, before deciding which new flights to assign to us? Waiting until 30 or 60 days before the departure to sell additional tickets is certainly unusual. The flight is over 6 months away, so there is time for them to decide.

Since this is an AA code share, I have many connecting options available. The non stop is my preferred option. Or I could delay my return by one day as the non stop is available for bookings on the other six days of the week.

I appreciate your insight.

P.S. I noticed the lack of the Sunday direct flight is only for 3 weeks in September and 3 weeks in October, then it returns to normal. Of course the Sunday direct flight from ORD to MAD are also missing.

Last edited by jagoffee; Feb 16, 2022 at 11:14 am
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danielsanchezpearson
I'm on the same boat but with a MAD-JFK flight. Waiting to know if I'm going to be rebooked or simply cancelled!
Are you on the 16:20 flight on a day that it does not fly? Did IB remove your flight after you already booked it? At least in you case you have two other direct flights as options on the same day. It appears that the 16:20 flight does not operate 7 days a week. Did it at some point?
Good luck.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by jagoffee
Thank you.
Since IB is no longer accepting or pricing new bookings for this flight, that would be a questionable strategy. Why would the plane be available the other six days during the week, but not in Sunday?

I did not realize that other flights were in the same situation. Perhaps IB is waiting to decide which flights will operate, before deciding which new flights to assign to us? Waiting until 30 or 60 days before the departure to sell additional tickets is certainly unusual. The flight is over 6 months away, so there is time for them to decide.

Since this is an AA code share, I have many connecting options available. The non stop is my preferred option. Or I could delay my return by one day as the non stop is available for bookings on the other six days of the week.

I appreciate your insight.

P.S. I noticed the lack of the Sunday direct flight is only for 3 weeks in September and 3 weeks in October, then it returns to normal. Of course the Sunday direct flight from ORD to MAD are also missing.
I think they are juggling aircraft between routes until they get more. Today I asked customer service on why these flights have "disappeared" from the website and they say it's "website updates" 🙄
jagoffee likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by netlord
I think they are juggling aircraft between routes until they get more. Today I asked customer service on why these flights have "disappeared" from the website and they say it's "website updates" 🙄
Thanks.
I asked AA a couple of days ago and they said that the flights must all be sold out. 😮

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.