Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

How can I add my Alaska Frequent Flyer Number to an Iberia Express reservation?

Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:34 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry
Original Poster

I have an upcoming Iberia Express flight and would like to take advantag of my Oneworld benefits, but am unable to do so on the Iberia Express website, which still lists Air Berlin as a menu option. I tried calling earlier and was unable to get through to anyone before being hung up in a very express fashion.

Is there any painless way to add this number to my booking? I was hoping to get a seat assignment for the 3-hour flight with my Oneworld FF#.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:08 pm

It's not properly integrated yet.

I have been in the opposite situation (IB+ elite flying on AS). I was surprised that my status was recognised on AS for seat selection and boarding priority, but, for instance, I did not get any Avios.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:09 pm

I have been in the opposite situation (IB+ elite flying on AS). I was surprised that my status was recognised on AS for seat selection and boarding priority, but, for instance, I did not get any Avios. And it took a long time for the agents to verify that I had lounge access in SEA.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:23 pm
formerly Sleepy_Sentry
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yllanes

I have been in the opposite situation (IB+ elite flying on AS). I was surprised that my status was recognised on AS for seat selection and boarding priority, but, for instance, I did not get any Avios.
I can understand that integration takes time, but even the FF option on the IB+ website still lists Air Berlin as an option. Given that Air Berlin hasn't been operating for three years now, I was very surprised to see I could enter a number for this program. I've reached out on Twitter and worst case, I will use my card to try to get benefits at check-in.

Thanks for this data point. It's great to hear you got benefits on Alaska.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I was also struggling with this... I have a flight SFO-MAD business class and saw no option to add FF# on Iberia .com "Manage Booking". The Iberia app had an option for frequent flier # but was greyed out. The app wanted me to pay an extra $70 to add a seat.

I found a solution though... I went to Finnair .com and I was able to add FF# to reservation there (even though I have no Finnair flight in itinerary). I could then see my FF# displayed in Iberia app and app was no longer asking for $$$ to choose seat selection.

So obvious solution is goto Finnair website for your Iberia flights, duh! I hope the flight experience is better than their website!
Old Jun 14, 2023, 2:42 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by Yllanes

I have been in the opposite situation (IB+ elite flying on AS). I was surprised that my status was recognised on AS for seat selection and boarding priority, but, for instance, I did not get any Avios. And it took a long time for the agents to verify that I had lounge access in SEA.
Hi Yllanes, wondering if you've had more recent data points flying AS as IB+ elite (seat selection, extra checked luggage, priority boarding, lounges etc) and also whether IB credited the avios/EPs. Need to go from YVR to SFO in 2024. Thank you!
Old Jun 14, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: AK 75K (fFormerly 100K for one year), DL Silver (formerly DM) for 10 years, Delta MM, AA
AS FF Flyer Number

I've encountered issues putting my AS number in on AA reservations. Website and app very unfriendly, usually have to call it in to AA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.