Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia flight on Level A330?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Iberia flight on Level A330?

Just booked LHR-MAD on IB 3167 later in November and the seat map seems to be on a LEVEL A330-200. Economy starts on row 4.
Is that likely to stick, or is it possible there will be an equipment change?
Any idea if row 4 is a good row to sit in?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: M&M FTL, 1WRLD SAPPHIRE, AZ CORP
Originally Posted by mzb00
Just booked LHR-MAD on IB 3167 later in November and the seat map seems to be on a LEVEL A330-200. Economy starts on row 4.
Is that likely to stick, or is it possible there will be an equipment change?
Any idea if row 4 is a good row to sit in?
I am supposed to fly on IB6166 on Jan 10th ((BOS MAD) in J (award ticket) and I just discovered that there has been an equipment change and they swapped the plane to an aircraft without J seats, only 4 rows of premium economy. I assume they swapped the plane with a Level a330. Is this a reasonable assumption? Is this just a one-off swap or are they going to use Level aircrafts on all flights operating this route in early january 2021?
Even accounting for the pandemic, it has been very frustrating so far. There have been endless changes in their schedule and of course there isn't any award availability now for changing my itinerary or dates.
How on earth is IB operating Level planes on the BOS MAD route? I had clearly reserved a J ticket.
Will call IB customer service, but I imagine it will be completely pointless.

Does anyone know if there is any chance that IB will revert the equipment swap back to their own metal?
is this just an error or computer glitch?

thanks in advance
Old Oct 23, 2021, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by jcaitsith
I am supposed to fly on IB6166 on Jan 10th ((BOS MAD) in J (award ticket) and I just discovered that there has been an equipment change and they swapped the plane to an aircraft without J seats, only 4 rows of premium economy. I assume they swapped the plane with a Level a330. Is this a reasonable assumption? Is this just a one-off swap or are they going to use Level aircrafts on all flights operating this route in early january 2021?
Even accounting for the pandemic, it has been very frustrating so far. There have been endless changes in their schedule and of course there isn't any award availability now for changing my itinerary or dates.
How on earth is IB operating Level planes on the BOS MAD route? I had clearly reserved a J ticket.
Will call IB customer service, but I imagine it will be completely pointless.

Does anyone know if there is any chance that IB will revert the equipment swap back to their own metal?
is this just an error or computer glitch?

thanks in advance
did you call in? Looking at the schedule, I only see 3 days in Jan-Feb where you can't buy a business class ticket. So I assume, these are the only flights that were shifted to LEVEL. great luck.. It just so happens we were both affected, I had tickets for Jan 12th. We have decided to go with the premium economy as we have other flights in Europe already booked and not worth trying to change all the dates.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by theplayer
did you call in? Looking at the schedule, I only see 3 days in Jan-Feb where you can't buy a business class ticket. So I assume, these are the only flights that were shifted to LEVEL. great luck.. It just so happens we were both affected, I had tickets for Jan 12th. We have decided to go with the premium economy as we have other flights in Europe already booked and not worth trying to change all the dates.
I did. The customer “service” was of no help at all. Refused rerouting, refused changing dates and, of course, there was no award availability for alternative flights, gave no explanation. Simply told me to take it or leave it.
Asked to be reprotected on a BA or AA flight but was literally laughed at. Btw, I rang up the Italian customer service number as I am based in Italy.
I eventually decided to cancel my reservation as I’m returning to Europe from a trip to the us and, hopefully, may have other options. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by theplayer
I did. The customer “service” was of no help at all. Refused rerouting, refused changing dates and, of course, there was no award availability for alternative flights, gave no explanation. Simply told me to take it or leave it.
Asked to be reprotected on a BA or AA flight but was literally laughed at. Btw, I rang up the Italian customer service number as I am based in Italy.
I eventually decided to cancel my reservation as I’m returning to Europe from a trip to the us and, hopefully, may have other options. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by jcaitsith
Must be hit or miss. When I called, the rep offered American flight from Bos to either CHI or Mia in J then on to Madrid in J. I could have also changed the Bos-Mad flight to another day, but decided to keep the premium economy seats we were changed to. Now will probably have to hound them for the refund of avios points difference. Not sure about taxes difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.