Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't reach Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2021, 10:40 am

This is the worst company ever in my experience!

Impossible to contact over the phone - even if you are lucky to get pass through a voice recognition system to keep you on the line (without pre-recorded message to visit the website), nobody is answering and after some time system hangs up on you. Was trying to call multiple times in the morning, afternoon, evening... so-called 24/7 (NO!). One time I actually managed to get to an agent and the only solution was to send an email to [email protected]

Emails to [email protected] are being ignored as well! Straight away after the email, I receive an automatic reply that my email was received, but 2 days later I receive another email saying some crap that "we haven't been able to access your email, please use website worm". So I'm using website form and 2 days later receiving the same reply that they weren't able to access my email! Nonsense!

How to get Avios and money from them back for cancelled flights?!

Estimado/a Sr./Sra.:Gracias por ponerse en contacto con nosotros.

Le comunicamos que no hemos podido acceder a su correo de fecha 1/09/2021. Si su petición sigue pendiente, por favor, haga clic y complete nuevamente la información en el siguiente formulario:

https://contacto.iberia.com/

Lamentamos las molestias que se le hayan podido ocasionar y aprovechamos esta oportunidad para enviarle nuestro más cordial saludo.

Su Centro de Servicios Iberia Plus

Thank you for contacting us.
We inform you that we have not been able to access your email dated 1/09/2021. If your request is still pending, please click and complete the information again in the following form:https://contacto.iberia.com/

We apologise for any inconvenience and take this opportunity to send you our warmest greetings,

Your Iberia Plus Services Centre
Old Sep 3, 2021, 5:34 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Misery loves company

Originally Posted by oruvin
This is the worst company ever in my experience!

Impossible to contact over the phone - even if you are lucky to get pass through a voice recognition system to keep you on the line (without pre-recorded message to visit the website), nobody is answering and after some time system hangs up on you. Was trying to call multiple times in the morning, afternoon, evening... so-called 24/7 (NO!). One time I actually managed to get to an agent and the only solution was to send an email to [email protected]

Emails to [email protected] are being ignored as well! Straight away after the email, I receive an automatic reply that my email was received, but 2 days later I receive another email saying some crap that "we haven't been able to access your email, please use website worm". So I'm using website form and 2 days later receiving the same reply that they weren't able to access my email! Nonsense!

How to get Avios and money from them back for cancelled flights?!
Have had the same experience. Can not get a coherent response from any of the email addresses provided.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Apologies for double posting, but I have experienced identical issues.

Is there an Iberia rep on this board? Surely they don't want their company being talked about publicly like this?

Like others, I'm anxious for a refund for Avios and taxes for a flight that was due to fly in August.

Has anyone tried the CEDR route to get refunds?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by kingcole974
Apologies for double posting, but I have experienced identical issues.

Is there an Iberia rep on this board? Surely they don't want their company being talked about publicly like this?

Like others, I'm anxious for a refund for Avios and taxes for a flight that was due to fly in August.

Has anyone tried the CEDR route to get refunds?
Genuinely it does seem Iberia don’t give two hoots about their PR or customer experience and are happy being a very average airline on their good day and if they achieve that, then that’s job well done! Shame as they do have the facilities (MAD is a great airport), modern fleet, part of a very stable group of airlines, to be a truly great carrier, but there are just so many issues in so many areas that I’m very skeptical of any genuine turnaround in customer experience! I would love to be wrong…
Old Sep 14, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm still without luck. A week ago I did finally get a human response on Facebook Message. I was told someone would be right back. That was 5 days ago.

I can't believe there isn't another way. Had this been a purely cash booking I would have gone down the chargeback route, but I need my avios back
Old Sep 14, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Is this normal for Iberia? I couldn't fly today due to covid (sigh....), I contacted them several days ago, never was able to get through on phone, twitter DM gave me some information and I emailed the email address provided, was asked to re-send the document multiple times to include my passport number, etc., which I did, and then nothing after that. It's only ~$950 or so for the ticket, so it isn't the end of the world, but I specifically booked it months ago knowing covid was a possibility and they had a covid-specific cancellation policy.

Not sure at what point I should call Amex and do the chargeback route. I guess I'll give them until next week, but it's constant irritation until then.

What I sort of hate is I'll be flying Iberia extensively in the future (SJU-MAD-LIS, as I live in SJU and am buying property in LIS), and have a bunch of the CMN-MAD-LHR legs booked on IB as well over the next year. If they're this bad for customer service all the time I'm going to regret this decision and just fly TAP via NYC or something instead.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:16 pm

I've had luck contacting Iberia via Twitter messages. Takes hours if not days, but eventually I get a reply and if I respond quickly enough I can sometimes get a resolution before it goes back into the queue until the next agent picks it up. Posted a complaint today about my credit redemption period being shortened. There's a check next to it, meaning it's in the queue so I hope I'll hear from them - eventually.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Yes, I just got my problem resolved (with a voucher) by Twitter. The Twitter IB team is now my first choice when dealing with IB. Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:59 am

I've been trying to reach someone for a couple days now because my flight has been canceled. I've yet to received any email or notifications but the flight itself is gone and I no longer can access the booking. I sent email through the contact form, message on twitter, no response. Finally today @ 9:40a PST I reached a young man I spoke to in the past. He confirmed the cancellation and was polite however the process was extremely slow. It seemed like he was working from home? It took 20 min for min to confirm I'm due for a refund and another 15 min for him to process it. I got a confirmation number so we'll see what happens.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:38 pm

Was able to get a person on their US line after 2 calls. 1:38pm PST.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:31 am

Anyone knows how to file a delayed or lost luggage compensation request? The Spain numbers only provide Spanish automatic messages and the US reservation number doesn't care about it. Any other email address that I can use? Thanks.

Sadly I didn't realize how crappy this airline is before hand. At least I don't have any Iberia avios. Was thinking about getting an Iberia Plus card before, but definitely not now. Seems to me the risk far outweight whatever savings those avios provide.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Was able to get a person on their US line after 2 calls. 1:38pm PST.
Well its been about 2 weeks now and my refund has not processed nor have the points returned to my account.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:53 pm

It took 7 days for my cash refund but I had to call back for the miles and those were instant.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
Well its been about 2 weeks now and my refund has not processed nor have the points returned to my account.
Originally Posted by Anthonyy7
It took 7 days for my cash refund but I had to call back for the miles and those were instant.
I called back and they put me on hold for about 30 minutes as they manually processed the refund of the cash and miles. They didn't charge me a fee for the redeposit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.