Search

Getting through to Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Getting through to Iberia

Hi,

I have spent 4 days of holding for 3 minutes then being cut off. Tried the UK number, tried Spain etc. What do I need to do to get through to Iberia? Can't get a cancellation online and it is literally impossible to get through no matter the time of day. Any suggestions other than a chargeback through CC company.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:21 am

Angry

Originally Posted by TTmex
Hi,

I have spent 4 days of holding for 3 minutes then being cut off. Tried the UK number, tried Spain etc. What do I need to do to get through to Iberia? Can't get a cancellation online and it is literally impossible to get through no matter the time of day. Any suggestions other than a chargeback through CC company.

Thanks in advance
I'm in the same situation. Days trying to get hold of Iberia with no luck!
TTmex and lobo411 like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danielsanchezpearson
I'm in the same situation. Days trying to get hold of Iberia with no luck!
Well, I've served them with a legal notice just now and will pursue a chargeback via my bank. Absolutely insane they can try and get away with this. Last time I'll ever use them. Shambles and disgraceful in every way possible.
jonr405 and lobo411 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: Norwegian, SAS
I got through on the US 1-800 number on Saturday. It took waiting for 1 hour and 50 minutes. And unfortunately they were not able to offer any more than moving flight +- 10 days.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Erik L
I got through on the US 1-800 number on Saturday. It took waiting for 1 hour and 50 minutes. And unfortunately they were not able to offer any more than moving flight +- 10 days.
Same issue with US. Guy claims his system won't allow a refund. It's insanely criminal behavior of the highest level
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

I had a proper rant on Twitter, including copying in the Spanish authorities (AESA). Got contacted by DM from Iberia English account and they asked for my ticket number etc. Told me they would process a refund with cash going back to the original payment method (in this case CC). On the website it now says "your booking is no long available for online management", so I am hopeful that means they are true to their word. At the very least I have screen shots of the twitter conversation in which it makes it clear they are offering the cash refund, so if they don't honour this I have plenty of evidence to give to the lawyers. Now just to wait and see how long it may take to actually see the money. Thankfully cash flow not an issue. I just want the money back!
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
I've been checking every week on a refund of Avios and taxes, and then ran into the repeated 3 minute hang up on the US number. What worked for me was HUCA. After about 10 tries, I did finally get a person on the line. More aggravating, but certainly less than the usual hold time.

Not surprising? Still no movement on my refund. Guess it's time for a siesta.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roundtree
I've been checking every week on a refund of Avios and taxes, and then ran into the repeated 3 minute hang up on the US number. What worked for me was HUCA. After about 10 tries, I did finally get a person on the line. More aggravating, but certainly less than the usual hold time.

Not surprising? Still no movement on my refund. Guess it's time for a siesta.
Yeh, not expecting my refund any time soon, but just thankful I have evidence of them agreeing to the refund, so any legal challenge will be easy to process because they promised me the cash refund. I called my bank who have been thoroughly useless, but that is to be expected from BBVA Mexico
Old Jun 18, 2021, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Iberia really have done themselves no favours with their current approach to customer "service". I've lost count of the number of times I've called, listened to 60 seconds of prerecorded blather, waited 3+ minutes for an agent, and then been disconnected. I have a booking for 21 June that has been moved at least a dozen times and I just want a refund. I'm sympathetic that 2020/21 has been a nightmare for airlines, but Iberia stands alone in its monumental disregard for customers - do I really need to try a chargeback or legal action just to get a refund for a cancelled flight?

I hope airlines recover when things get under control, but I will never use Iberia again and couldn't care less if they go under
TTmex, lobo411, taxatty56 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ned1968
Iberia really have done themselves no favours with their current approach to customer "service". I've lost count of the number of times I've called, listened to 60 seconds of prerecorded blather, waited 3+ minutes for an agent, and then been disconnected. I have a booking for 21 June that has been moved at least a dozen times and I just want a refund. I'm sympathetic that 2020/21 has been a nightmare for airlines, but Iberia stands alone in its monumental disregard for customers - do I really need to try a chargeback or legal action just to get a refund for a cancelled flight?

I hope airlines recover when things get under control, but I will never use Iberia again and couldn't care less if they go under
Am of exactly the same opinion. Will avoid them like the plague going forward. So shocking that is part of IAG. BA have been brilliant with customer service and Iberia the height of absolutely criminality. No wonder WW is punting rumours about splitting BA off from IAG. Iberia are embarrassing
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I absolutely agree BA is great with customer service. But in this specific moment, IB is the only OneWorld airline I can fly... so I cross my fingers and toes that everything goes smooth and I do not need to call them.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:53 am
Original Poster

So to update, today got a call from Iberia confirming my refund. Two mins later got receipts through email for total amount. Will just sit and wait for the funds to come through now. No idea how long that will be.
Lefly likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I had to call IB yesterday around 19:30.

First call to Belgian number, English line. I got a robot with vocal options, was told for my needs the website was the right place and got disconnected.
I then tried the Italian number, Italian line, and was told the call would be answered by someone in Portugal, but after a lot of recorded messages and warning about waiting times, the call was disconnected.
Tried back the Belgian number, again English line and again the robot, but this time I changed the wording and I was able to be routed to an agent... that answered in 5 minutes.
I considered myself very lucky to get someone "quickly".

Now I hope there will be no issue at the check-in this evening...
TTmex likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lefly
I had to call IB yesterday around 19:30.

First call to Belgian number, English line. I got a robot with vocal options, was told for my needs the website was the right place and got disconnected.
I then tried the Italian number, Italian line, and was told the call would be answered by someone in Portugal, but after a lot of recorded messages and warning about waiting times, the call was disconnected.
Tried back the Belgian number, again English line and again the robot, but this time I changed the wording and I was able to be routed to an agent... that answered in 5 minutes.
I considered myself very lucky to get someone "quickly".

Now I hope there will be no issue at the check-in this evening...
Out of curiosity, what wording did you use? I tried all sorts in both English and Spanish, but seemed to constantly get directed to "un agente". I tried even asking to buy a new ticket, but even that cut me off. Shocking.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I am at a complete loss for how this company exists. My refund (points and cash) was supposed to be processed April 28. After 6 hours waiting at the beginning of the month, an agent said there was an issue that needed investigating and I'd get an email in 5 business days. It has now been 18 days. I have tried all the numbers, and get cut off at 3 minutes. I have emailed, Facebook messaged, and Twitter messaged. How is this a major airline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.