Getting through to Iberia

Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
Thanks for the tip, I tried it but they don't seem to stick.
Perhaps try the twitter team, who might be slow, but could well have the power to make them stick
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by TTmex
I know that pre-covid anything over 3 hours would have warranted a change, but not sure if that was revised. Is this the same flight (i.e. same flight numbers?). If they have given you new numbers, it counts as a cancellation. Iberia are likely to push back continuously, but I'd suggest you should at least have enough of a change to warrant a free cancellation?
they offered cancellation, but I don't want that, just the day earlier flight. I paid with avios from chase points, I don't want them back. same flight numbers, just sched change.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by devans999
they offered cancellation, but I don't want that, just the day earlier flight. I paid with avios from chase points, I don't want them back. same flight numbers, just sched change.
I'm not sure then on this. I know BA are flexible in this regard, but no idea about Iberia. There was another thread about an avios cancellation, perhaps asking there might be prudent? Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer. Hope you can get it sorted
Old Jul 11, 2021, 8:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Just experienced several levels of hell trying to both get through & get my flight changed! I called over two dozen times over the past several days, and each time I got the same "put on hold then hung up on after three minutes" schtick others here have reported. Since I know the fare will more than double by Tuesday – and I'll be in transit to Europe most of the day tomorrow – I was about to throw in the towel & book a second ticket, but then I called their 800 number yet again (assuming I'd have no luck) and, to my complete surprise, an agent picked up within 30 seconds!

On the down side, the change fee – something I'd gotten used to avoiding from doing nearly all of my flying on AA & AS – was nearly as much as the ticket price, though admittedly it's only a one-way trip b/t ARN-MAD. (I originally booked ex-OSL, but Norway just tightened its entry restrictions for Americans on Friday, so I opted to switch to its also-lovely neighbor.) In any event, calling at 10pm EST on a Sunday night appears to have done the trick in this instance, but like most others here I'm extremely pissed at having to go through this absurd rigamarole – especially the fact that I couldn't simply cancel the flight myself on their website & rebook it – and am amazed this airline is still in business with such horrible customer service. (OTOH this was trouble of my own making, since I noticed a fare sale on J tickets departing from SFO & ORD into either BCN or MAD, and at the time there weren't any other comparably inexpensive flights on a Oneworld carrier to continental Europe.)
TTmex likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kirker
Just experienced several levels of hell trying to both get through & get my flight changed! I called over two dozen times over the past several days, and each time I got the same "put on hold then hung up on after three minutes" schtick others here have reported. Since I know the fare will more than double by Tuesday – and I'll be in transit to Europe most of the day tomorrow – I was about to throw in the towel & book a second ticket, but then I called their 800 number yet again (assuming I'd have no luck) and, to my complete surprise, an agent picked up within 30 seconds!

On the down side, the change fee – something I'd gotten used to avoiding from doing nearly all of my flying on AA & AS – was nearly as much as the ticket price, though admittedly it's only a one-way trip b/t ARN-MAD. (I originally booked ex-OSL, but Norway just tightened its entry restrictions for Americans on Friday, so I opted to switch to its also-lovely neighbor.) In any event, calling at 10pm EST on a Sunday night appears to have done the trick in this instance, but like most others here I'm extremely pissed at having to go through this absurd rigamarole – especially the fact that I couldn't simply cancel the flight myself on their website & rebook it – and am amazed this airline is still in business with such horrible customer service. (OTOH this was trouble of my own making, since I noticed a fare sale on J tickets departing from SFO & ORD into either BCN or MAD, and at the time there weren't any other comparably inexpensive flights on a Oneworld carrier to continental Europe.)
Sounds about par for the course with Iberia. Dreadful airline and their approach to customer service and onboard catering sounds like a company in a death spiral.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
Trying to change a ticket that can't be changed online and I can't get through. Same as everyone, getting hung up after 3 minutes. I speak fluent Spanish and English, have tried both languages in various countries with no luck. Twitter support doesn't answer either. My next step is to go to the airport and see if they can change it for me.

Edit: after 15 tries, I got a human on the second ring. Called at 10pm CEST
tmac100 and TTmex like this.

Last edited by fmisle; Jul 27, 2021 at 3:45 pm Reason: Updated result
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
They actually responded to me on Twitter after several tweets. I'm just looking for a seat assignment. They said they would forward it to their "booking team." Still no response via DM, I inquired again and the reply is "we're still waiting for an update from the relevant department." I guess Iberia doesn't reply to internal phone calls, either. What a pitiful airline.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Yep, it's not great. Have you tried RJ.com or another oneworld site on the same system. You may have more luck assigning there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.