Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Seat selection OW paid ticket + award question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

Hello Everybody,

I did not fled IB for 2 years already, if the Iberia experts can answer few questions, it will be great.

I booked 2 European flight (paid ones) but as Sapphire OW (QR) I bought one light fare for my friend and one with luggage for me + my allowance will give us 2 checked luggage, because that we got 2 PNR so I guess I will not be able to book seat for her ?
Second question about the seat, everything I try to select for myself on Iberia web or app want to charge me the seat, it is not free anymore for Elite OW ?

I need another flight to Canaria with IB Express, I see that I can book with Avios + cash, I can see the flight on BA or IB, but the cash part are smaller on BA. There is something negative to book from BA instead IB directly? We will use 2 account so we will have 2 PNR so I guess it will be the same problem to get like emergency seat for both free (if it's still a perk) ?

Thanks for help.
Old May 12, 2021, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
OW elites should be allowed seat selection, but not for your friend on a different PNR. You might be lucky if you call IB but don't count on it. Sometimes IB has a problem recognising elite status from programmes such as QR.

Actually, you should have booked your friend into the Optima fare. (seat selection + luggage) And you into the Basic, because OW elites get a free bag even on IB Light fares. That way, you friend could have chosen a seat for free and you could have used your status to choose the adjacent seat.

Yes, you can book via BA and pay a lower cash amount. You'd get exactly the same benefits. However cancelling a BA award is more expensive than cancelling an IB award, if it comes to it...
Old May 12, 2021, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by craigthemif
OW elites should be allowed seat selection, but not for your friend on a different PNR. You might be lucky if you call IB but don't count on it. Sometimes IB has a problem recognising elite status from programmes such as QR.

Actually, you should have booked your friend into the Optima fare. (seat selection + luggage) And you into the Basic, because OW elites get a free bag even on IB Light fares. That way, you friend could have chosen a seat for free and you could have used your status to choose the adjacent seat.

Yes, you can book via BA and pay a lower cash amount. You'd get exactly the same benefits. However cancelling a BA award is more expensive than cancelling an IB award, if it comes to it...
Thank you for the answer, I guess that my friend with Optima will just get the basic seat offered, I am trying to get the emergency exit.

My friend booked via BA Avios our 2 tickets MAD-TFS on Iberia Express, then I used Finnair to put my QR Number and RJ to select both Emergency exit

For my paid flight Europe to MAD, I still can't book any seat (even for myself) on Iberia without paying, and the PNR is working only on Iberia (5 letters/numbers instead of 6) is not recognized on OneWorld affiliate airlines, I will try to call to have the seat added (maybe for both with some luck?), will pay for the second one or at worst or I will ask for the (6 letters/numbers) Amadeus PNR and do the job by myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.