Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Health App...how does it work? also whats it like at Barajas upon arrival from US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Health App...how does it work? also whats it like at Barajas upon arrival from US?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2021, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold

I am flying to Spain mid april. I would like to ask others how does the app work. i am suppose to take a PCR test 72 hours before my arrival into MAD. Do i upload my test results into the app? What happens next? how long does it take for me to get the actual QR code in the app?

Secondly, when I land into Barajas from USA, do I arrive into 4S? What happens when after i arrive? Is there a health screening station that everyone goes thru? Whats that like? etc etc etc.

thanks much!!
tobsw likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by feysul
I am flying to Spain mid april. I would like to ask others how does the app work. i am suppose to take a PCR test 72 hours before my arrival into MAD. Do i upload my test results into the app? What happens next? how long does it take for me to get the actual QR code in the app?

Secondly, when I land into Barajas from USA, do I arrive into 4S? What happens when after i arrive? Is there a health screening station that everyone goes thru? Whats that like? etc etc etc.

thanks much!!
App is easy: you only need to fill the questionnaire and submit. The QR code is generated instantly. You don't need to upload the PCR results certificate, only whether you did the test and whether you are negative.

Your PCR test certificate MAY be asked upon landing in Spain - if that's your final destination -, during the health check: temperature + QR scan. Nothing to write home about: you just stand in line until it's your turn, scan your QR code and they may ask to check your negative PCR certificate.
feysul likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 3:16 am

Just arrived MAD from DFW

Started trip at IAH where check in agent went over all required documents, including QR code.
Moving from terminal 4S to 4 in MAD, there were two health check stations which only scanned the QR code. They did not request to see the RT-PCR test results.

(You can start the QR application weeks ahead of time, but you must complete the form within three days before arrival. Then you receive the QR code.)

The MAD airport is like a ghost town! Flight was at the most 30% full.
feysul likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
Started trip at IAH where check in agent went over all required documents, including QR code.
Moving from terminal 4S to 4 in MAD, there were two health check stations which only scanned the QR code. They did not request to see the RT-PCR test results.

(You can start the QR application weeks ahead of time, but you must complete the form within three days before arrival. Then you receive the QR code.)

The MAD airport is like a ghost town! Flight was at the most 30% full.
Worldwide Traveler thank you very much.. very helpful...... by the way..can you expand on "all required documents",, What are all the Required documents...thanks again!!
Old Apr 1, 2021, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by feysul
Worldwide Traveler thank you very much.. very helpful...... by the way..can you expand on "all required documents",, What are all the Required documents...thanks again!!
In my case: US passport, Spanish residency card, RT-PCR lab report showing negative result, printout with QR code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.