Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Refund Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Avios Refund Question

Hi All,

Back in September, my wife and I had booked BOS - MUC using Avios on Iberia. In July the flight was cancelled/rescheduled to a different day that didn't work for us, so we requested a refund. The taxes/fees were refunded, but the nearly 100,000 Avios were never put back in her account. I noticed this in December and have been trying to get them refunded since. Call after call, promise after promise that it would be "looked into" and "taken care of" to no avail. In today's call, the rep said that I now need to send an e-mail to "[email protected]" requesting the refund. This is a first in what has been (to put it mildly) a very frustrating experience.

So, I'm asking for help. Is this e-mail address a legitimate suggestion or yet another black hole? I have never had this much trouble dealing with an airline program before -- do I have any other recourse to file a complaint or pressure them to follow-through?

Many thanks in advance.

--Jim.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes, there are reports of that email address being a useful way of getting something fixed, especially when the money element has already been dealt with.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes, there are reports of that email address being a useful way of getting something fixed, especially when the money element has already been dealt with.
Great, thanks for your reply. I have sent an e-mail and will report back how we make out.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Update as promised: After months and months and months of phone conversations had and promises made, a single e-mail to Iberia has the problem fixed. Color me surprised, satisfied and a little embarrassed that I didn't try it sooner. Lesson learned.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
IB phone agents have the terrible habit of just making up lies when they don't know an answer to something just to fob you off. The emails are better because they actually end up in front of someone who knows what they're doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.