Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expiring Vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question Voucher expirations question

Have all Iberia vouchers been extended from Covid since Spain is still really not open to US travelers. I have vouchers expiring in Dec, 2021 from last summer. Would love to use them summer of 2022. This thread shows some have extensions into 2022. Is this happening piecemeal or is a call needed?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I just checked and my June 20121 expiring voucher (issued end of March last year ) was just extended until March of 2022.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:11 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Just tried using a voucher that got extended recently, but it failed. It is only valid for flights up to 6 months after the new expiry date. Why you might ask ?= good question, as some airlines issuing vouchers have no such restriction.
Since when has there ever been a case where a valid voucher cannot be used for a product on the relevant company's inventory?

Last edited by LukeO9; Jul 10, 2021 at 9:39 pm
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:30 pm
Cit

How do I get my Iberia voucher extended. They said to do it on their website but I don’t see how
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:38 pm
Cit

Did you request an extension or did it happen automatically?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:41 pm
Cit

I need help! Who can explain to me how to get Iberia to extend my voucher?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Cit
How do I get my Iberia voucher extended. They said to do it on their website but I don’t see how
As someone who has been wanting to do this for months, I've never seen, or had a response from IB that would even indicate that this is possible.
From which forum did you get that info?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 8:35 pm
Cit

Iberia Agent Told Me

Originally Posted by LukeO9
As someone who has been wanting to do this for months, I've never seen, or had a response from IB that would even indicate that this is possible.
From which forum did you get that info?
An Iberian representative told me I have to request extension on their website but there is no place to do that on their site!
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Cit
An Iberian representative told me I have to request extension on their website but there is no place to do that on their site!
The representative appears mistaken.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:25 pm

Has anyone had their voucher expire without it being automatically extended ?
Old Sep 11, 2021, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by LukeO9
Has anyone had their voucher expire without it being automatically extended ?
I've just had the validity of my voucher extended by 6 months, 1 month before expiry.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:04 pm

Voucher Extended Again

Just got email from Iberia announcing expiry date now June 22, 2022 and to fly by Dec. 22, 2022
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Hi,

I'm digging up this old thread as I also have a voucher which expires, I appreciate that not many people may have vouchers left, but I have one which expires on 23rd of January 2023 (that's when the return leg has to be flown). Has anyone managed to extend Iberia vouchers recently or are they still extending vouchers automatically?

Alternatively, has anyone tried to book a flight using the voucher and then changing the date to a date beyond the expiry of the voucher? My destination won't change, so one thought is that I will book a flight which falls within the validity of the voucher and then change the date afterwards. Does anyone have any experiences with this?

Thanks so much for any advice / experience people have!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.