Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Hand baggage only fare and Oneworld allowance

Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar

Does anyone know if for Iberia (and Iberia express) the One World benefits (hold baggage) apply when the most basic fare (hand baggage only) for economy is purchased. Also is this stated online somewhere? Asking because for AA and BA this is not the case and we get 0 hold bags.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes, you should get one free bag with IB.

https://www.iberia.com/us/luggage/al...aggages-search

IB Express has to be booked under an IB flight code, not I2.
Newbtravelle likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 1:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Iberia does extend OW benefits to passengers ticketed in basic fares. Sometimes you may run into situation where agent try to charge you; in this case, you may want to kindly ask them to ask supervisor to overwrite the luggage fee.
In Madrid, you are also entitled to Fast Track and lounge invitation with one guest.
Newbtravelle likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.