Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

US spring schedule - Flight "confirmed", but it does not show up in search. Canceled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US spring schedule - Flight "confirmed", but it does not show up in search. Canceled?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I have a reservation for March SFO-MAD-BIO, which shows up as "confirmed", and for which I can received electronic tickets by email. However, when I search for this flight on Iberia's website, it does not show up anymore. The earliest it shows up is May.

What are the odds the flight will be canceled eventually? When can I expect Iberia to cancel it officially, and what options can I expect to get, apart from the voucher? We actually need to travel...

Also, is there a way to check Iberia's overall flight schedule, apart from painstakingly searching for flights each day?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by chant81
Hi all,

I have a reservation for March SFO-MAD-BIO, which shows up as "confirmed", and for which I can received electronic tickets by email. However, when I search for this flight on Iberia's website, it does not show up anymore. The earliest it shows up is May.

What are the odds the flight will be canceled eventually? When can I expect Iberia to cancel it officially, and what options can I expect to get, apart from the voucher? We actually need to travel...

Also, is there a way to check Iberia's overall flight schedule, apart from painstakingly searching for flights each day?
IB is changing it´s booking codes and now many of them have only 5 letters/digits. However "my reservation list" does not see them. Try with the booking ref. and surname
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If the flight is cancelled - as it almost certainly will be - you will be entitled to a full refund, not just a voucher.

If you actually need the flights (and will be allowed into Spain), then you should be able to push for a rerouting on British Airways via London.

Unfortunately, what you probably won't get is peace of mind. Some airlines are cancelling very late, in order to avoid as long as possible the obligation to refund money. Until IB does so, you are stuck with their COVID voluntary flight change policy.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 3:54 pm

This is our situation right now. We have flights booked with Avios from SFO this Spring. They are still showing confirmed but are no longer on the published schedule.

I called and asked to be rebooked onto BA. The agent said he couldn’t do anything until the flights were officially cancelled. No one has an idea of when this will happen and, even then, if our request to be rebooked will be honored.

We can simply cancel but I was hoping for the rebooking option so we could still use the Avios and not pay BA’s exorbitant taxes, fees and fuel charges.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Same thing here. Mid July flight (Iberia) BOS-MAD booked with miles via American Airlines.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

I called Iberia and the representative told me that the reason for the flight to not show up is that it's fully booked. I told him that was hard to believe, and that all flights during April and most of May were also gone. He gave the same reason.

So, these flights seem to be zeroed out and I would expect they get canceled. Question is: when will they make it official?

The issue for us is that re-routing via London with BA involves a change of airport (Heathrow to Gatwick), which is a no-go. Does anyone know if Iberia allows for a change of date as well if the flight is canceled (2 weeks earlier there's a good combination)? As cnicklo mentioned above, canceling and re-booking with BA will make it significantly more expensive.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
My IB lax mad flight this April were cancelled today booked with avios.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by mrkymark
My 2 ORD to MAD award flights were also cancelled for the 2nd time.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 9:55 pm

Programs: AF, UA, BA/IB, VS, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jayfernandez
My 2 ORD to MAD award flights were also cancelled for the 2nd time.

Same thing just happened to me. I was emailed yesterday. However, the default option is to choose another flight within 10 days of the original.. The only problem is that the MAD-ORD route doesn't "operate" for another month and a half...

Any luck calling to get the reissue dates pushed out further?
Old Feb 11, 2021, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrkymark
Same, my SFO-MAD flight for end of March was canceled as well. I was expecting this so I booked another flight with AF many weeks ago...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.