Voucher policy on IB

Old Sep 25, 2020, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Voucher policy on IB

Hello,
I am quite desperate as I have been fighting with IB customer service for the issuance of vouchers for 2 reservations I have, and which were booked this July during their travel with confidence offer, booked directly on the IB website. We are supposed to depart tonight, me from BRU and my girlfriend from LYS (so 2 separate PNR) to MAD where we were supposed to stay 1 week on vacation. Obviously, given the current situation in Spain and especially in Madrid region, we would like to move this trip to a later date. Hence the voucher request. The Iberia website states the following :
Customers with flight departure dates before 30 September 2020 to or from a country that imposed new quarantine or entry restrictions after 25 July can make changes before their flight departure, without being penalised, for flights up to 30 June 2021. Or they can get a voucher that they can use for flights up to 31 December 2021.

The vouchers provide maximum flexibility, as they have no date restrictions and may be exchanged for one or more tickets up to the total amount. Vouchers can be requested via Booking Management before 30 September 2020.

Advantages of the bonus :
  • No waiting. As easy as you request it online.
  • The bonus can be used one or more than once, until its amount is exhausted.
  • It can be used whenever you want until December 31, 2021.
  • The voucher is non-nominative. Choose who you are going to buy the ticket for.
  • Valid for any direct flight or a connecting flight where at least one of the segments is operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Iberia Regional Air Nostrum.
  • To flight whenever you want until December 31, 2021.
    Obviously, there is zero option on manage my booking to request the vouchers (all flights are still planned to operate). I first attempted to fill the voucher request form which is on the webpage but received a refusal email a couple days later.
    I then called last Friday the Belgian call center, where, after checking the details of my booking from BRU, and after confirming with a supervisor, told me that I was eligible to the voucher as Belgium has recently decided quarantine restrictions when coming back from Spain. A case was created, but since then, all my requests were denied and I still have no voucher for the ex-BRU booking. (The call was recorded on my phone)
    I then filled up a few "assistance" requests on their website and all the replies I received were not related to my question. The twitter team is also not helpful at all and only replies generic answers. All the written answers received say that I am eligible for a voucher only if the flight gets cancelled which is contradictory with their current policies. The feeling of facing a wall when being in your good right is very frustrating, and their entire support system is by far the worst I've seen on conventional airlines.

The flights of my gf departing LYS are not eligible for a voucher as France has not defined quarantine restrictions, and Iberia refuses to issue a voucher for this one, so I am going to suck up the cost for this booking, Hopefully I will be able to get the taxes back after paying their non-sense "service fee".
    What do you think I should do ? Both flights are supposed to depart tonight. Do you need to call again and cancel my GF flight before departure to get the taxes back or if I wait for next week it will be too late as she will be considered as no-show ? Same for me, will I lose my rights for a voucher if I am no-show tonight ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
    Guillaume
    Old Sep 25, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
    I don't know what to tell you other than just keep trying. But the policy sounds pretty clear that the ticket from France should also be eligible as it's a departure pre 30 September

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.