50% avios discount Iberia +

Old Aug 24, 20, 10:41 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: LCYJFKGIG
Programs: BAEC - Gold, OWE
Posts: 15
50% avios discount Iberia +

According to One Mile at a time, but I can't get it to work for me.... Post your experiences here.

​​​​​https://onemileatatime.com/iberia-avios-discount/
jonr405 is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 11:02 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brasil/Spain (but a heart in Scotland)
Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Posts: 389
Works perfectly for me.

Initially it shows the full price, but when you proceed to go to the next step it calculates correctly.

This tends to be an annual promotion, and I usually book a good chunk of flights, but I am not inclined to with how things are with Iberia right now, which is sad, as it is (in normal times) an excellent promotion.

Some example return prices (including taxes) can be found here
jackr27 is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 11:08 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Aarhus, DK
Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Posts: 432
Here is the promotional page by Iberia
https://www.iberia.com/es/news-updat...nt-with-Avios/
It say's for Spanish resident so that might be stopping some.
NextWhiteDeath is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 11:21 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 107
Itís showing on my end (not Spanish resident), but as I asked in a new thread, the question is about airside transfer in MAD to T1 on a different airline.
Basanez is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 11:32 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Aarhus, DK
Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Posts: 432
Originally Posted by Basanez View Post
Itís showing on my end (not Spanish resident), but as I asked in a new thread, the question is about airside transfer in MAD to T1 on a different airline.
They are allowed if baggage is checked through the final destination and if you have all the boarding passes. Then they have a bus you can request that would bring you from T1 to T4 OR T4S.
NextWhiteDeath is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 12:24 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath View Post
They are allowed if baggage is checked through the final destination and if you have all the boarding passes. Then they have a bus you can request that would bring you from T1 to T4 OR T4S.
What if no baggage/or hand luggage only and transiting T4S to T1? Iím thinking on buying a separate ticket on Turkish.

Last edited by Basanez; Aug 24, 20 at 12:44 pm
Basanez is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 1:31 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by jonr405 View Post
According to One Mile at a time, but I can't get it to work for me.... Post your experiences here.

​​​​​https://onemileatatime.com/iberia-avios-discount/
Nothing showing for me :-(

Some way to trick it for UK residents?
Tofino87 is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 2:19 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 359
working for me here in the US...So tempting, but so much uncertainty with Covid. Usually do a trip to Europe each February. Maybe I should just book, can always cancel. What is the cancellation fee again...all points back and taxes minus $25 ticket?
theplayer is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 2:20 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by theplayer View Post
working for me here in the US...So tempting, but so much uncertainty with Covid. Usually do a trip to Europe each February. Maybe I should just book, can always cancel. What is the cancellation fee again...all points back and taxes minus $25 ticket?
Correct. And Avios back in 2-10 days. Iíve actually had to cancel 2 trips within the past 2-3 weeks and the agents have been able to do it and Iíve gotten the refund within a week Iíd say at the most. For the Avios back I always send an email to [email protected] and give them a couple of days.
Basanez is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 3:15 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Posts: 4,644
Originally Posted by jackr27 View Post
Works perfectly for me.

Initially it shows the full price, but when you proceed to go to the next step it calculates correctly.

This tends to be an annual promotion, and I usually book a good chunk of flights, but I am not inclined to with how things are with Iberia right now, which is sad, as it is (in normal times) an excellent promotion.

Some example return prices (including taxes) can be found here
In the past I remember booking 2 or 3 tickets but in the last couple of years it was limited to 1 ticket for a maximum of 2 persons.

It is again valid for more than one booking?

Thanks,
more4less is online now  
Old Aug 24, 20, 4:22 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Posts: 4,700
Great deal. I have just "moved" to Spain and booked two Business returns to JFK for 68000 and under €300 in Taxes. If anyone needs help PM me
ExpatSomchai is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 7:50 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: LAX/SFO
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by jackr27 View Post

This tends to be an annual promotion, and I usually book a good chunk of flights, but I am not inclined to with how things are with Iberia right now, which is sad, as it is (in normal times) an excellent promotion.

Some example return prices (including taxes) can be found here
Has this happened before? I've been flying Iberia for 3 years and haven't heard of any such promotion before. I'm aware of the usual Groupon Iberia Avios deals, and was there for the fun 10x 9000 Avios promotion, but that's all I remember.
aquanine is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 9:09 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brasil/Spain (but a heart in Scotland)
Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Posts: 389
Originally Posted by aquanine View Post
Has this happened before? I've been flying Iberia for 3 years and haven't heard of any such promotion before. I'm aware of the usual Groupon Iberia Avios deals, and was there for the fun 10x 9000 Avios promotion, but that's all I remember.
Yep, it's an annual thing. I first used it in 2017 for flights to Havana, then last year it appeared around late Jan and I booked flights to Medellin and GRU. A lot of the coverage suggests this is an exceptional promotion, but it's definitely not the first time Iberia have had a similar deal. In past years it has just been limited to accounts registered in Spain.

TAEUR likes this.

Last edited by jackr27; Aug 24, 20 at 9:17 pm
jackr27 is offline  
Old Aug 24, 20, 9:17 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 97
Initially cannot see the discount. Changed the address to my friend’s in Spain made it work instantly
pl840502 is offline  
Old Aug 25, 20, 12:46 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The World!!!
Programs: Some of them not all ...
Posts: 1,296
Originally Posted by pl840502 View Post
Initially cannot see the discount. Changed the address to my friend’s in Spain made it work instantly
My account works with my US address, which is the diffault one as that is the BA address I have on file. I had to transfer all my AVIOS from my BA account to my IB account.
Not a problem getting the discount to half the AVIOS. Didn't even have to switch it to my Spanish one.
So gave it a shot for the December 22 to January 4 from the USA to Madrid, and now hoping the restrictions from COVID19 are lifted by that time.
carlitos is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: