Wiki Posts
Search

IB's catering & service during COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2020, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
IB's catering & service during COVID-19

Hello everyone, I have an upcoming flight in J from EZE to MAD and was wondering what's the service like these days? Are there proper meals or an un"happy" meal box?
raporot likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
MAD - JFK Aug 4th, cattle class. "Meal" in a box, no alcohol. FA specifically said "no alcohol on board" so I guess that includes Biz (which was empty). Protocol may be different on your longer-haul flight. Buen viaje!
tuchop likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: Executive Club
I keep asking this question so I'm interested in any answers. My neighbour is a pilot for Iberia and he said he was disgusted at the food and drinks service in the Business cabin, basically all cold food in a box and no alcohol. Admittedly this was a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard it has changed. And I think the lounges at Madrid are still closed. There is another thread on European catering which has photos of the box of food, I believe this is the same in Business and in long-haul but would love to be proved wrong.
tuchop likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. If anyone else wants to share a recent exeprience it will be much appreciated.
My flight is in two weeks, I'll make sure to bring a detailed description of the onboard offerings.
Most european airlines have started offering pretty much a normal service, hopefully IB will change this in the upcoming days..
Old Aug 13, 2020, 2:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
I was at the Barcelona AENA lounge on Sunday.

It was pretty much exactly the same as before. The only difference was they'd set up a bar area where you asked for the food and drink you wanted, and then they gave it to you.

In terms of quality of food, and the range of the offering, it was exactly the same as before. The fact Iberia won't even open up their lounge in Madrid, when clearly it is possible to do while following all of the rules implemented by the Spanish government, is a very poor show.

I was flying LOT Poland in economy. They served complimentary food and drinks. It was a very pleasant way to fly, despite the environment right now.

Despite being based in Spain, and over the last few years travelling with Iberia on 75%+ of my flights, I won't be making any bookings with them until they sort it out.

The fact they're pretty much the only major airline in Europe to have said nothing about whether their frequent flyers will have their membership extended is a slap in the face for customers who have regularly used them over the last few years.
tuchop and spotbeagle like this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by tuchop
Thanks for the replies. If anyone else wants to share a recent exeprience it will be much appreciated.
My flight is in two weeks, I'll make sure to bring a detailed description of the onboard offerings.
Most european airlines have started offering pretty much a normal service, hopefully IB will change this in the upcoming days..
pack a sandwich..food sucked before the virus
tuchop likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by tuchop
... apart from British Airways which is also owned by IAG, which is offering a very basic sandwich and snack, even in Business. There is a thread on this in the BA forum. So I wouldn't expect much from Iberia.
tuchop likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 7:11 am
bil

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
Today I was served a drink and a small croissant in domestic J. Very similar to pre-COVID service.
tuchop likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by bil
Today I was served a drink and a small croissant in domestic J. Very similar to pre-COVID service.
Was it a peninsular flight or to Canary Islands?

BTW, do you know if IB Express also started to offer some food & booze in C ?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by bil
There's nothing like IB J meal service on Puente Aereo!
tuchop and chilglish like this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 5:34 pm
bil

Originally Posted by Marcin83
Was it a peninsular flight or to Canary Islands?

BTW, do you know if IB Express also started to offer some food & booze in C ?
Peninsular. I got a croissant for breakfast on my first flight and on the second I got two big sandwiches and a lovely dessert from Do&Co
Old Aug 18, 2020, 5:39 pm
bil

Originally Posted by alanw
There's nothing like IB J meal service on Puente Aereo!
I actually find the quality of manchego and chorizo of Iberia J not horrible... quantity might be a different story
Old Aug 20, 2020, 9:09 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
If anyone has any information about Iberia catering I'd appreciate it as we plan to fly ORD-MAD on Saturday in business class. Might have to buy some duty free wine before the flight if it's still a dry flight...
tuchop likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 1:56 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by kokonutz
If anyone has any information about Iberia catering I'd appreciate it as we plan to fly ORD-MAD on Saturday in business class. Might have to buy some duty free wine before the flight if it's still a dry flight...
To answer my own question, according to the Iberia Twitter team there is currently no hot meal in trans Atlantic business class nor bar service.

"...we are really sorry for the inconvenience. Regards"
Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kokonutz
To answer my own question, according to the Iberia Twitter team there is currently no hot meal in trans Atlantic business class nor bar service.

"...we are really sorry for the inconvenience. Regards"
Thanks for the follow up. If you don't mind, could you report back after the flight? Maybe ask a flight attendant if there are plans of going back to normal soon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.