IB's catering & service during COVID-19

Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BA6501
Apparently new service began as of 18 March (crew mentioned it was the first day).
- Pre departure beverages: yes
- Drinks before meal: yes, + almonds/cheese/olives
- Meal service: as pre-covid, including a menu (redesigned)
- After meal drinks: yes
- Snacks between meal: yes (chocolate bars / crisps etc)
- Second meal: choice of cold cuts or pasta
I flew March 20 MAD-UIO

- Pre departure beverages: yes
- Drinks before meal: no, + noo almonds/cheese/olives
- Meal service: three choices no menu with meal served covered
- After meal drinks: yes
- Snacks between meal: yes (chocolate bars / crisps etc)
- Second meal: no choice just pasta
Old Mar 28, 2022, 5:11 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Can anyone tell me since the new changes if anything is served on the IB Express in Business at 18.40 MAD-LGW? Thank you in advance
Old Apr 5, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
MAD - SCQ on late afternoon flight, found this adequate for a flight of this length (+ quite tasty).

Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:16 am

SCQ - MAD (Iberia Express) on early lunch time flight.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:58 am

MAD - TFN (Iberia Express), afternoon flight, lamb dish which I liked.
Full flight (both C and Y) with 6 rows in C, busy crew but good service including a pre meal drink run.

Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:55 am

TFN - MAD (Iberia Express), 2nd morning flight, the omelette was a disaster
Did like the yoghurt and fruits though, could have easily eaten another one of those.

MAD - AGP on mainline
Flight attendant came round with this small bowl of tapas and afterwards with an AA style snack basket.
The whole thing looked a bit random to me as she went back and forth seemingly finding different things to offer each time (like "hm, what else could we offer them").
Is there any rule on what is served on these short flights?
Got a proper salad snack on MAD - BCN recently which was better in my opinion.

Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by SirToby
The whole thing looked a bit random to me as she went back and forth seemingly finding different things to offer each time (like "hm, what else could we offer them").
This. I had the same experience when you see them in the galley they are constantly opening and closing the compartments looking for stuff. Hopefully they would find the safety equipment a bit quicker in an emergency.
SirToby likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:09 am

AGP - MAD afternoon flight on Air Nostrum
Had never flown with them before so was a bit surprised they don't leave neighboring seat empty #FinnairFeeling

MAD - TFN, Iberia Express on late evening flight
Tasty beef dish with sweet potato mash, friendly crew who accommodated a full J (5 or 6 rows) with smiles and plenty of drink refills
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I had two really good business meals with Iberia - I would say easily my best intra-European business class meals in a long time.

April 15 - IB 3123 VIE-MAD

Really tasty pasta with a mushroom filling and asparagus and mushrooms. The artichoke heart appetizer was very good. I am not a fan of meringue and I even liked the desert. Other dish was fish, which my partner had and said was also delicious.

April 18 - IB 3124 MAD-VIE

Eggplant with seafood stuffing - yum! It was really good. The starter was a potato salad with a slice of roast beef. The desert was ladyfingers with a custard topping. The other option was a pasta.

Again - really nice meals in C and it was fantastic to actually have a choice! Flying LH/OS a lot, I can't remember when was the last time I got a choice in intra-European C.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Yesterday MAD-ORD.

Nice start with a half glass of Cava before take off.

Cava before takeoff

After take off, a drink with nuts, olives or cheese. Oh, and a lukewarm towel before the drink.

Then, a starter with a choice of wines. So far, pretty nice service. Choose a white wine.

Then, it was time for the main meal. As I choose the veal, I would love to switch to a red wine. But that was not offered. Also no chance to ask, as the crew disappeared quickly.

Still, the main course tastes well.

The cheeses for desert where nice. Liked the wine as well.

So, not bad at all! Everything was served in a top high pace in my opinion, it is a daytime flight after all, but still no reason to complain.

After the crew cleared the table a long sista for the crew started. For the next 7.5 hours there was no service. Not a single time the crew came to check if everyone needed something. There was no snack setup in the galley.

After a few hours I decided to ask for some red wine. It took some time before I get the attention of the crew, but after that they bring me a generous pour of red wine.

Then one hour before landing the pre arrival snack came and tasted good.

All in all, pretty good food. But the service was not really good. Friendly enough crew, but the crew clearly finished the service as quickly as possible and take their well deserved rest after that.
danfl44 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:15 am

TFN - MAD (Iberia Express), 2nd morning flight, with another meh omelette as only option.
The granola, yoghurt thing was very good though.

MAD - SCQ, afternoon flight
Potato salad with a hint of tuna which was ok as a snack for the duration of the flight but nothing to write home about.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:24 am

SCQ - MAD (Iberia Express), morning flight

MAD - LHR, mainline afternoon flight
Forgot the name of that dish but was really not my taste. Alternative was some dry pasta if I remember correctly.
Sat in 2F and by the time I got asked for drinks the mere 3 Cava bottles were already gone and the usual "we don't have anymore!".
I really don't get it how IB constantly fails to load enough Cava, especially when departing from homebase.
It is either a "proper" offer in C then please cater accordingly or take it away completely if it is treated as a "secret / only when asked but probably not there" thing anyway...
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I must have got lucky on LHR-MAD on the Level A330 then! I'm sure I had 4 bottles of Cava, but I think they did say the 4th was the last they had loaded.
SirToby likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
What can be expected in Y class on short & medium haul? I'll be taking soon a MAD-RAK flight (2h duration) and wanted to know if there will be Buy-on-board.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.